Staff UI Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. In our ever-changing ecosystem, Open Banking is introducing new competition to financial institutions in the battle for the consumer and merchant relationship. We are building a brand new technology platform that will drive the future of this area and enhance Visa's value as a payments network. Built on the latest standards/tech stack and providing open APIs and new modes of connectivity for data sharing, this platform will help drive innovation in the entire ecosystem.
We value creative and driven individuals who love to own their products, and design and implement solutions that create a seamless experience for consumers and clients. Our developers work across the stack, and are experts in service oriented architectures and technologies like AngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka and Containers.
As we embark on the journey to build this new platform, we are looking for a Staff User Interface (UI) Engineer who can lead the detailed design and development activities for the portal platform.
The Staff UI Engineer will be part of the Open Banking Product Development team, responsible for delivering highly functional, secure, scalable, and interactive web application user interfaces. Key responsibilities include:
- Engage with product owners to create wireframes and mockups and design interactions
- Design and develop UI framework components
- Help build a reactive universal app employing technologies such as ReactJS.
- Design and build proof-of-concepts on next generation UI applications
- Participate in demos and code reviews
- Support multiple teams on their UI requirements
- Mentor and lead team of junior UI engineers
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science from a top tier University with 8 plus years of experience in UI/UX development
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and CSS4
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Experience with Sketch
- Experience with ReactJS and Redux
- Experience with Web Components and/or Polymer
- Experience with Node.js, functional reactive programming, and FLUX architecture
- Experience with UI/UX development across different mediums like mobile and tablet devices