- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast-growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals and businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries and regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Part of the broader technology organization, the product development team for RTP is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best and brightest technologists with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment solutions that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity to join a start-up like opportunity within a globally respected company and if you feel excited about pioneering and leading the revolution- come join us!
This role for seasoned engineering leaders and architects who have played major roles in building complex, large scale platforms. Depending on the interest, past experience and skill-set, the role provides flexibility to an individual to make a huge impact through domain or technical expertise or transition into leading large engineering teams.
We are looking for individuals who are equally comfortable driving engaging architecture discussions, presenting to executives or leading technology discussions with clients and external partners.
We are specifically looking for Candidates with prior experience in building or integrating into an account-to-account Real-Time Payments network or ACH networks.
Chief Software Engineer is a high visibility, high impact role requiring the ability to technically lead large and complex projects, help design mission-critical high-volume low-latency services and provide hands on development and mentorship to engineering leads as required. S/he will partner with product partners to understand the business landscape, jointly ideate on business needs for Visa’s next gen payment network and build the strategy for our team to architect, design and deliver the platform in a phased manner.
· Be accountable for implementing highly scalable, low-latency, high-throughput systems that have five 9 availability.
· Drives the design for key cross team / cross product development projects (via architecture/design documents and developing key modules).
· Establishes software development patterns and best practices via examples and shipping code.
· Ensures that all relevant engineering teams follow a common set of principles and patterns and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries.
· Provides leadership across the engineering community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards.
· Mentors and builds world-class high-performing engineering teams.
· Applies architecture best practices that helps increase execution velocity.
· Develops architectures that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and global.
· Influences technology selection for the enterprise.
· Defines deployment topology by working with peers across the technology organization.
· Optimizes use of Visa’s Platforms & Solutions.
· Demonstrates thought leadership through presentations and teaching across Visa.
· Experienced technology leader with a minimum of 15+ years of software development experience including 5+ years of application architecture experience with deep technology expertise in the following: extensive experience on architecture design of large scale platforms and application with simple solutions.
· Extensive hands on design/coding experience/skills using Java, J2EE, C++, C#, .NET. Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
o Strong service development experience with high performance and scalability.
o Object-Oriented design and development.
o SQL/noSQL technology.
o Web Services (REST/SOAP).
o Service Oriented Architecture.
· Experience on distributed application performance engineering, mobile application development, database design, middleware, user interface development, and information security engineering
· Have a successful track record of leading architecture work for large scale projects that represent broad strategic initiatives meeting quantifiable business objectives and resulting in tangible impact for the organization. Demonstrated expertise in leveraging agile and other development methodologies.
· Think strategically: See patterns and relationships in information and events; clarify and simplify complex information; anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities; consistently think and act "ahead of the curve"; anticipate and effectively respond with urgency to immediate opportunities; executes plans vigorously and with flexibility; operate proactively; identify and address long-term opportunities.
· Demonstrated proficiency and experience in one or more of the following areas: application architecture, solutions architecture, software systems architecture.
· Self-motivated, fast learner, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up
with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones.
· Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
· Experience in payment domain specifically in Real-Time Payments a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.