VP, Global Processor Partnership Lead - Global
- Atlanta, GA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Manage one of Visa’s largest global processor partner client relationships and business development activities with a dedicated team of 10-15 people, spanning across multiple geographic regions and client business lines
- Deliver on specific and aggressive client account plans focused on Visa acquiring and issuer processing products and services, including traditional products, emerging digital solutions, white-labeled services, and/or open platform extensions to processors
- Become the voice of the partner to Visa executive management and internal constituents that are responsible for building appropriate products and services to sell to financial institution clients through external processing partners
- Coordinate all initiative-related sales activities with the Visa’s SVP of Global Processing & Partner Solutions, as well as with Visa’s various Regional Presidents and their leadership teams
- Monitor marketplace trends to influence our processing strategies and advance new opportunities
- Develop and pursue new strategic opportunities through a strong understanding of client’s businesses, including emerging payment processing strategies aligned with Visa’s overall strategy that incorporate real-time payments, digital banking, business-to-business (B2B) payments, alternative lending, cooperative data intelligence/analytics, and consulting/advisory solutions
- Build and deepen relationships/partnerships with client’s executive management team(s)
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact management, relationship and direction of the business
- Manage pricing strategies to win business while preserving Visa revenue requirements
- Prepare proposals, RFP’s, and negotiate contractual relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Continuously review client and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches that ensure partner business objectives are met while growing the Visa business
- Participate on relevant cross-functional teams (internal / external) that include representation from Product, Technology, Corporate Strategy, Digital Innovation, Operations, Marketing, Consulting, Risk and Market Research groups
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- A minimum of 15 years business development experience with related processing sales and relationship management experience in the payments industry; issuer/acquirer processing experience/functional processing understanding is critical.
- Demonstrated superior people management over remote sales/RM teams
- Ability to manage and grow internal and external resources and cross-functional relationships
- Demonstrated track record of providing guidance and influence across multiple levels within a client organization, including senior executive management
- Background in planning, managing and closing complex sales efforts, including difficult contract negotiation and execution capabilities
- Ability to implement strategic initiatives, including market sales plans, policies, and operational decisions
- Proven technical/operational project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels, including executive management
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytic skills with a proven track record of creating solutions that increase revenue
Located in Atlanta or New York City
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 40% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.