Leadership Development Product Director
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa is one of the top 50 most admired brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer and can be found on the lists of: The World’s Most Innovative Companies, The World’s Most Respected Companies, The World’s Most Ethical Companies, America’s Best Employers and The World’s Most Valuable Brands, to name a few.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Imagine yourself as part of Visa’s Leadership College, a team that is making leadership and executive development a differentiator that will enable Visa’s leaders to continue positioning the company for growth in the years to come. This affords you with a unique opportunity to work on some of the most highly visible initiatives inside one of the world’s most valuable brands. The role will allow you to be creative, strategic and impactful. It will also test your ability to thrive under the pressure of intense expectations and a multitude of critical stakeholders, and ultimately be a rock star in a company where industry leadership is the norm.
The Leadership College is part of Visa University which under the leadership of our Chief Learning Officer constitutes an integral part of Visa’s Strategy organization and reports to the Executive Vice President of Strategy.
We are a start-up within an established, successful global organization. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes
- You are passionate about providing impactful learning experiences to leaders at all organizational levels globally
- You are both a thinker and a doer and can constantly switch between the two
- You are resilient and flexible – you perceive false starts, changing priorities and constructive feedback as opportunities, not setbacks
- You are curious and broad in your orientation: you are knowledgeable and up-to-date not only on what’s current in leadership and executive development, but also like to understand the industry and business environment in which you operate
- You are service-oriented, and keep the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do
- You have a global mindset – you take genuine interest in other cultures, do not suffer from “HQ syndrome”, and embrace the need to operate with cultural norms and in time zones other than your own
- You are action-oriented and adept at dealing with ambiguity
With the guidance of the Sr. Director, Dean of Leadership College, you will:
1. Manage the entire product development life-cycle for leadership development learning products that ensure the organization has the capabilities to compete in the future by:
- Using human-centered design methodology to discover, synthesize and clearly articulate Visa leaders’ development needs.
- Using your design expertise and breadth of knowledge of external leadership development resources to design, curate and/or buy-and customize-for-Visa the most impactful solutions. You will need to be adept both at designing programs yourself as well as providing strategic direction for work done by select external providers and Visa University designers. You will play a key role in scaling leadership development to maximize opportunities for all Visa leaders to benefit from impactful learning opportunities. You will be mindful of using modalities that work most effectively for engaging audiences at different levels of seniority, with an eye to balancing between global consistency and localization for region-specific needs.
- Setting a vision for and using your influencing skills to lead project teams established to ensure the leadership development products you oversee are not only superbly designed but also set up for effective launch and implementation.
2. Develop and grow key relationships: you will skillfully cultivate and grow key internal and external relationships. You will form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal stakeholders – business leaders, regional heads of learning and HR business partners– to evangelize the work you do, sencure sponsorship and scale it effectively across the organization. You will also leverage and continue to grow your well-established network of external content providers/experts to ensure Visa’s leadership development offerings leverage best-in-class thought leadership. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these internal and external relationships: from ensuring buy-in with a senior internal stakeholder, to negotiating a contract with an outside provider and everything in-between.
3. Improve and Grow Your Portfolio: you will have an opportunity to evolve existing learning solutions and launch new ones. You will leverage your strategic and critical thinking to articulate how the learning solutions you own can evolve into the future. Keeping in mind that the end goal is behavior change and business impact, you will devise strategies to ensure that learning sticks and business impact occurs. You will use your creativity and knowledge of adult learning methodology to design impactful mechanisms for post-program application of program content. You will launch and grow communities of learning to ensure learning occurs beyond the programmatic components. You will leverage the art-science balance to evaluate and constantly improve leadership development at Visa to make it even more impactful for Visa’s leaders, and ultimately for Visa’s business.
- 10 years of progressive experience defining and implementing successful leadership development solutions, preferably in a global corporate environment with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years ofexperience with an Advanced
- 12-15 years of progressive experience defining and implementing successful leadership development solutions, preferably in a global corporate environment with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree
- Extensive experience with designing and curating, both internally and with select external providers, impactful learning experiences for global audiences of leaders across organizational levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, executive presence and ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and evangelize a strategy to stakeholders
- Excellent project management, planning and organization skills, to lead a concept from inception to execution; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated learning agility with a variety of content areas and modalities: while you will rely on your experience, you will also need to master new content areas/ways of doing things quickly
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires no travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.