Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The successful candidate will work in the Attack Surface Management Analytics team responsible for working with security tools and teams to create a data hub and provide self-service capabilities to teams across the enterprise. The Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst will join several large data sets, correlate security information with internal data repositories, automate manual security processes, and provide analytical insights to senior management.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree)
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in software development, data integration, and data analytics
- 4 or more years of experience in building large data pipelines, architectures, and data sets using clustered computing platforms and distributed databases
- 2 or more years of experience in Python including knowledge of Python libraries like NumPy, SQLAlchemy, Pandas, PySpark, etc.
- Strong experience in SQL like MySQL, NoSQL like Cassandra DB and ability to tune for performance
- Experience in using REST API and data transformations
- Good knowledge of Hadoop stack to process and store big data
- Experience with data-warehousing and business intelligence development including data integration, schema design, data modeling, and query optimization
- Familiarity with DB performance monitoring and tuning, large scale distributed computing environments, DB backup and recovery, and DB change management
- Ability to understand and modify XML, XSLT
- Ability to understand data models and data mining
- Experience in creating, enhancing data lake is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle from business/systems analysis through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing, and delivery
- Familiarity with RSA Archer is a plus
- Experience with ServiceNow is a plus
- Ability to support multiple projects and applications
- Comfortable working with multi-terabytes worth of information
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issues
- Attentive to detail with a focus on accuracy and high-quality results
- Strong technical and analytical background
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including an ability to communicate very technical findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Two or more years of experience in Information Security strongly preferred
- Security certifications like CISSP or CSSLP are a plus
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-drive environment; adaptive to Visa’s agile environment
- Must be both a self-starter and team player with the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Will be a part of the Attack Surface Management Analytics team and involved with creation, growth, and management of security analytics and self-service tools.
Key individual contributor role responsible for:
- Pulling and integrating large data sets using internal tools and software: RSA Archer, Qualys, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, Tableau, ServiceNow
- Absorbing security findings data from multiple tools and sources to an analytics platform (RSA Archer) to provide self-service capabilities at an enterprise level
- Normalizing and de-duplicating data where appropriate
- Understanding the downstream impacts a development change can create
- Prioritizing and smart routing of information to appropriate data owners
- Determining thresholds and triggers for various data sets
- Reporting of key metrics across different functional teams
- Designing and implementing workflows
- Focusing on speed to delivery and driving next-level action
- Handling inquiries and information requests from internal clients
- Maintaining qualitative practices within the team to ensure consistency in delivery of information
- Uncovering problems in the data sets and also proposing and implementing solutions
- Facilitating business conclusions by understanding and presenting the message behind the raw data
- Prioritizing competing business and information needs
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Will require minimal after-hours and weekend work, as necessitated by change control windows and security incidents
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.