- Lagos, Nigeria
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa West Africa is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. The SSA sub-region covers five markets in West Africa.
The Marketing Manager, reporting to West Africa Marketing Director, assists on all marketing activities required in both consumer and client marketing scopes,
1) Marketing Fundamental
- Deliver in time and full from marketing initiatives, campaign planning to execution including above the line and below the line marketing activities.
- Work very closely with creative and media agency, on a daily basis
- Be proactive to maintain Visa owned digital platforms e.g. Visa official website, Facebook fan page, VMORC platform
- Work on developments and executions of Visa West Africa social plan on a monthly basis to promote Visa brand and activities to cardholders.
- Monitor and moderate all media buy, as well as social platform in a timely manner.
- Brand guard for all public released marketing materials according to Visa guideline
- Working closely with regional team for researches, marketing measurements and West Africa related collaborations
2) Collaborations with cross-functional team
- Working closely with cross-functional team in country level to collaborate and deliver client-marketing activities.
- Manage client banks queries regarding respective marketing programs
- Work with regional hub to stay informed for relevant information as well as to collaborate together with West Africa related subjects
3) Budget management
- Work on Forecast, Accrual, Receiving procedures for respective campaigns.
- Manage budgeting change, process, partnership contracts
- Comply with internal process, such as file keeping and documentation and making sure all process in order with accuracy and complete on time
- Minimum 8 year marketing experience , preferably from FMCG, technology, retail or banking sectors
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus
- A team player , always with can-do attitude, collaborative and flexible
- Proven track record and competence on marketing campaign planning and execution, covering ATL and BTL scope
- Abundant experience of digital and social media campaign planning, operation/maintaining and monitoring
- Detailed oriented in terms of time management, budgeting and data analysis
- Great coordination skills with external, internal stakeholders including agencies, merchants in both country and regional levels
- Sense of ownership and being proactive
- Strong business sense and understanding of marketing process
The function that this individual performs is key to delivering on Visa’s strategic pillars. It forms a part of Visa’s Client engagement plans, merchant relations, Fintech partnerships and industry stakeholder management team. Failure to deliver on those commitments can have a visible and pronounced impact on Visa’s revenues, reputation and brand image, and in some cases, can expose the company to financial liability. Hard work, high integrity and honesty are non-negotiables.