Senior Staff Software Engineer (Director)
- Belfast, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer (Director) within CyberSource you will provide technical leadership for one of CyberSource’s product offerings. The scope of this role extends beyond core enterprise development; you will be the owner of the new features design, build and implementation of complex systems that process millions of transactions per day. You will think globally and ensure we continue to build high performance, scalable systems that are built the “right way”.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer (Director) with CyberSource you will:
- Be at the forefront of translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Partner with Architecture and Business teams to provide best in class solutions
- Have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture
- Champion Agile to inspire change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Utilise your sharp analytical skills to create applications at a massive scale which are used by millions of people across the globe
- Take a hands on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
- Be motivated by building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
- Be the ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement across the Centre
- Be an evangelist for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment
- Work in tandem with global technology leadership and Payments teams to shape and influence the platform at an enterprise level
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be equally passionate about technology and solving large-scale complex business problems.
- Have a demonstrable ability to “think big” to produce innovative and simple solutions to complex problems but go low when needed
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Have expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Continuously evolve their current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology
- Be comfortable challenging the norm; always on the lookout for new technologies and work with fellow technologists to implement these into the work stream
- Be equally content prototyping and tinkering with new applications as well operating within the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
- Be a passionate advocate for nurturing talent within CyberSource NI through career management, coaching and mentoring etc.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile and collaborative team environment.
- Have a BS in Software Engineering/Computer Science/IS, or other related field with demonstrable enterprise level experience in software engineering
CyberSource is an equal opportunities employer. We are strongly committed to equal opportunity and strive to align fully with equal employment laws, ordinances and regulations for all applicants and employees. A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That is our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless.