Director, Technical Account Management, Client Services, VROL
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Support Services (CSS) provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Visa products and services globally, CSS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, CyberSource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
This is primarily an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Could also include some team oversight responsibility within the segment. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Considered the functional expert for their client's operational back office business.
- Provide insight and input within cross-functional Visa organizations for new or changing products and services, which may affect their clients, including Visa Resolve Online and Visa Claims Resolution.
- Serve as client liaison by delivering production and testing technical support and operational service needs for clients using Visa Resolve Online (VROL).
- Develop and executive client segment support model and service structure.
- Provide overall segment management and oversight.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Provide leadership to segment in support of management
- Coordinate with back office support groups to diagnose reported issues from clients.
- Collaborate with Account Management teams to review escalated or complex issues and manage expectations.
- Review Operating Regulations, Technical Specifications, Reference and Administration Guides to familiarize and research application or processing issues.
- Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner while managing costs and increasing overall transaction performance (including disputes and back office processing).
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Help to drive additional revenue streams into imbedded client base.
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally.
- Work with Implementation team on ongoing projects, and issue resolution.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans. Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Support biannual business enhancements, software releases and all Visa mandates, including training.
- Collaborate with Product and Sales team to identify additional business opportunities.
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews to include billing and transaction processing.
- Act as a mentor and train team members.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years' experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card software or information services.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
- Experience leading a team of professionals in a customer facing organization.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to business solutions.
- Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identify business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Experience and proficiency in client consultative services.
- Experience of working in the payments industry and/or eCommerce
- Knowledge of payment and/or risk management systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, XML and scripting tools, project management applications, management and monitoring tools, SharePoint, and other collaboration tools. Strongly preferred experience with: Visa Resolve Online, TLC, Dynamics, AskNow, Core and Configuration systems.
- Excellent verbal, written, problem solving, project management, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.