Product Project Manager - Level 4
- London, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Product Project Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
We are seeking for a Product Project Manager to support the five UK product proposition leads. These resources will be the overall project leaders on identified (priority) product projects and initiatives.
- You will challenge the status quo and identify opportunities for the program strategy to improve performance and create value for the organisation
- This will be achieved by building and maintaining strong stakeholder support and trust to deliver programs.
- You will proactively anticipate stakeholder needs and ensure processes are in place to minimise disruption
- By pushing the organisation to become customer-oriented, while maintaining internal stakeholder expectations
- You will begin to coach the organisation to be proactive about identifying problems, resolution, and opportunities for internal and external stakeholders
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Works hand in hand with the dedicated UK product propositions leads and other cross functional teams and resources supporting the UK business
- These programme directors will need to accurately identify stakeholder expectations and consistently meets commitments to internal stakeholders
- They will need to develop, modify and adapt project tasks, priorities, and behaviours in response to meeting stakeholder commitments – weekly project meetings, monthly steering committee meetings and executive updates within Visa and across its Bank customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and/or their direct reports whilst prioritizing the demands from various stakeholders
- Effectively communicates the program impacts to relevant stakeholders in the organization
- Identifies where stakeholders stand on buy-in for the program strategy and vision
- Identifies the right stakeholders and SMEs to engage with at various times during the project
- Build and maintains trusted relationships with stakeholders (executives, internal, external) and SMEs
- Anticipates and addresses potential stakeholder resistance and road blocks by developing action plans to mitigate their impact
- Proactively works with stakeholders to identify problems, resolutions and opportunities, along with ongoing prioritization on the demands of stakeholders strategically to align with the program goals and communicate the strategy to all impacted stakeholders
What we’re after…
- Should be self-starters, with the ability to think and act fairly independently at times, whilst always aligning and balancing the project deliverables to resourcing availability and bandwidth
- An experienced expert on all software tools and programs – Microsoft Teams; Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Seasoned experts and have been in a project management role previously (mid-level specific role experience), within a large matrix organisation
- Sound knowledge and experience of financial services, banks and/or technology firms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills/ability to influence multiple stakeholders both internally and externally, specifically in working in a matrixed environment
- Ability to manage senior stakeholder engagements within Visa and at the banks
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.