New Grad, Systems Engineer (Undergrad)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
For Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, the Operations & Infrastructure (O&I) group must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures. The O&I group offers an exciting opportunity to work on latest technologies where the industry is going through major innovations such as cloud computing. In essence, Infrastructure as Code.
As a New Grad, Systems Engineer in O&I, you will have an opportunity to play a key role in application life cycle. For example, building infrastructure which includes compute, storage, database and middleware, tuning environment per application need, monitoring components, compliance checks and security remediation, etc.
Some of the things you may work on as a New Grad, Systems Engineer in O&I include:
- Work in a fast paced environment while ensuring the up time of VISA's products to customers
- Opportunities to work with industry leading technology in virtualization, cloud computing and configuration automation (includes operating systems such as RHEL, Windows & cutting edge containers Docker).
- Participate in designing innovative solutions for highly secure and available environments (includes latest Database & Middleware tools such as tcServer, tomcat, IBM WebSphere, web servers, IIS, MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, Cassandra, Redis)
- Work with other partners in the organization such as support, development, and user groups to manage requests from the perspective of infrastructure design and functionality
- Work with vendors on software upgrades and problems
- Lead problem resolution and improvement efforts
- Drive constant interaction with developers, architects, and project managers
So what are we looking for in a New Grad, Systems Engineer (Undergrad)?
- Recent or graduating students looking to start work in 2019/2020
- Pursuing a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- Fundamental knowledge in information security and hardening
- Fundamental IP network knowledge
- Basic knowledge or experience on Windows/UNIX/Linux Server OS.
- Basic knowledge or experience on Application servers such as Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, WebLogic
- Basic knowledge or experience on web servers such as Apache, IIS, IBM IHS
- Basic experience with a scripting language such as Bash, Ksh, Csh, Perl, Python, Jython
- Analytical skills to troubleshoot issues and problem solving
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Ability to write scripts/programs to automate tasks is a plus
- Able to work with team to resolve challenging issues
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.