Sr. Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource’s continued growth and expansion we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
CyberSource has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for e-commerce merchants, combining
global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payment technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will be a part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, back-end batching applications, and web front-end user interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production).
We are an Agile Scrum development shop with 2 week iterations. Team consists of a manager, developers, quality engineers, scrum master, technical product manager and product owner with local configuration management and database engineering support.
- Primarily works independently on all coding activities and break down architected solution into smaller, achievable tasks
- Spends all of the time on coding & related activities and is expected to cover unit tests and documentation around the developed software assets
- Follows the Target State Architecture and the established security guidelines but is expected to design smaller artifacts and provide feedback to cross module designs
- Works independently on all non-coding related activities like design, debugging, providing solutions for complicated issues and release support
- Supports operations and quality engineering teams in support activities such as troubleshooting, defect research, code promotion and configuration for software assets developed by the engineer without any guidance or support
- Independently applies engineering best practice to realize identified non-functional requirements
- Demonstrates awareness of modularity in re-use in coding practices
- Knowledgeable of data technologies and solutions
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of Software Development experience or M.S./PhD with 1+ year of Software Development experience
- Expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST and container based technologies (Required)
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services (Required)
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
- Good knowledge of Security and Authentication standards and technologies like OAuth
- Knowledgeable about Database technologies Oracle, Hadoop, Cassandra and search engines like SOLR
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes to come up with creative solutions
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
- You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
- You have the passion to understand people and to improve our products and services
Our engineers do more than just write code:
- You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs
- You’ll use technologies that include NoSQL, JSON, Docker and more
- You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
- You’ll leverage on new technologies to build the next generation of Payment Services
- You’ll develop and deliver new features every few days
- You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, mobile technologies, quality assurance, scripting languages and operating systems
- Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player