Analyst - Payment Intelligence and Cybercrime, All Source Analyst
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This high impact, high visibility position is part of Payment Systems Intelligence - a key component of Global Risk's Payment Fraud Disruption (PFD) initiative. PFD's team of technology experts are vital to Visa's efforts to identify, investigate, disrupt and prevent attacks targeting the global payment ecosystem. This role will specifically aid in the all-source and technical analysis of cybercrime and fraud operations targeting the global payments ecosystem. The all-source intelligence analyst will be responsible for researching, drafting, publishing, and presenting client-facing and public intelligence reports on behalf of Visa Inc. Key measures of success for this position include: reduced successful cyber fraud targeting merchants and financial institutions, the ability to support early identification of common points of purchase through intelligence and compromised payment card reporting, rapid response, triage and analysis of technical forensic investigation reports and ability to conduct cyber analysis of investigation reports.
- Draft, publish, and present intelligence reporting for multiple audiences, including senior leadership, external clients, and for public consumption
- Identify new fraud and cybercrime threats to the payments ecosystem and communicate them to relevant stakeholders
- Triage and analysis of forensic investigation reports, identification of technical correlations between the reports, and ability to develop digital infrastructure maps (domains, IPs, malware variants) of overlapping cybercrime operations.
- Provide intelligence and technical analysis support to the Investigations team during official PCI forensic investigations.
- Analyze compromised payment card data from multiple reporting sources in order to identify common points of purchase.
- Provide intelligence and technical analysis support to the Global Risk organization to further protect the payment ecosystem.
- Along with the rest of the Payment Systems Intelligence team, provide operational support to review and analyze alerting for anomalous transactions identified in the payments ecosystem.
- Conduct all-source analysis of cybercrime and fraud tools, methods, and attacks in order to communicated these threats to internal Visa partners and external clients
- Provide presentations to global audiences on cybercrime and fraud threats impacting the payments ecosystem
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in payment card or information security industry, all-source cyber intelligence organizations, investigating payment card, cybercrime fraud or Bachelor’s degree with real-word experience
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action
- Moderate understanding of networks, risk management, network security, digital forensics, and security operations
- Ability to identify emerging cybercrime and fraud techniques in a fast-paced, highly technical environment. Understand network and system vulnerabilities and provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls to reduce payments risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
- Conduct in-depth fraud analysis in support of investigations and present findings to clients or internal partners.
- Leverage assistance from local, state and federal law enforcement agencies investigating incidents of fraud.
- Adaptable and able to work well in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Prior experience with data analytics, visualization tools and concepts
- Proficiency with drafting detailed, technical reports.
- Ability to respond after-hours, weekends and holidays to major fraud events
- Passion for fraud schemes and cybercrime investigations.
- Good interpersonal, facilitation, and demonstrated emerging leadership skills
- Understanding of payments process and cybercrime and fraud techniques.
- Able to operate at an advanced level of written and spoken communication; write and speak effectively with impact.
- Capable of delivering presentations and comfortably interacting with all levels of Visa and client management.
- Previous experience in developing and producing reports to executive management.
- Ability to prepare reports on meaningful trends and fraud stats.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Knowledge of transactions, systems processing transactions and overall transaction process.
- Concepts, terms, processes, policy and implementation of information security
- Intelligence databases and analytical tools or similar intelligence reporting systems
- Analysis of cyber threat intelligence and fraud intelligence.
- CISSP, CHFI, CEH, GIAC certifications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
No Sponsorship or Relocation is available for this position.