Machine Learning (ML) Engineer / Data Scientist - Cybersecurity Analytics
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
You are an engineer who has domain knowledge or an interest in Machine Learning, Big Data, and Cybersecurity. You are ready for an exciting opportunity working hands on with the world’s most advanced cybersecurity technologies and thrive in a super dynamic environment where you are being counted on to help to defend Visa from the most advanced cyber threats. You are looking to innovate the next generation of cybersecurity technology with Petabytes of data.
You will leverage cutting-edge technologies to perform statistical profiling, inference, classification, clustering and predictive analysis. As a key member of the technical team, you will create and implement sophisticated machine learning models to help derive new insights to defend against cyber-attacks. You will be working with a large variety of data sets, cutting-edge security technologies, and world-class operation teams to create awesome analytics for cyber security.
Your responsibilities include:
- As a member of the security analytics team, you will work closely with other data scientists and data engineers to build, design, engineer, and develop analytical software and services that deliver security functionality and improve security efficiency and capabilities through automation.
- Utilize information retrieval, data analytics, and statistical modeling techniques to build new machine learning models and apply it to cybersecurity usecases. This will include the entire lifecycle including data acquisition, feature engineering, model development, training, testing, deployment, operationalization, and tuning.
- Support and optimize other existing analytical models/products.
- Assist in shaping overall direction, life-cycle management, and leadership for Information Security architecture and technology related to Visa.
- Communicate clean and persuasive data directly to end users, leadership, and other stakeholders, technical and non-technical.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Strong coding skills and experience with Python (including SciPy, NumPy, and/or PySpark) and/or Scala.
- Strong scripting skills with Shell script and SQL
- Knowledge and implementation experience with statistical and machine learning models (regression, classification, clustering, graph models, etc.)
- Real world experience with Big Data Technology, including Hadoop and Spark
- Knowledge & experience with API development and automation.
- Knowledge and experience with stream processing (spark/structured streaming)
- Knowledge and experience with MongoDB
- Experience with data visualization tools like Zeppelin, Jupyter Notebook, and Tableau.
- Knowledge and/or prior experience with web applications.
- Analytical model development, implementation, and maintenance
- Performing data analysis to support cybersecurity/risk functions
- Security analytics product development / integration
- Regular Business Hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.