Director, CAS Test Engineering
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director of CAS Test Engineering Bangalore will lead the team responsible for application testing, test tool development, resource planning and management of test resources for Network Processing Clearing and Settlement Systems area. The role requires a firm understanding of software development and test processes as well as test automation. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader, excellent communicator, have demonstrable expertise in test engineering, development and above all be customer and team focused. The candidate will manage and supervise assigned technical staff; work closely with peers in the development and test engineering teams within Network Processing as well as senior management and other groups across the organization.
- Provide guidance to staff on their daily tasks including hands-on testing/coding as needed
- Develop team by motivating, mentoring and assisting in hiring critical talent
- Work with manager and peers to execute test automation strategy for CAS
- Collaborate with development teams to improve development and test processes
- Leverage Continuous Integration to drive software quality across CAS applications
- Ensure proper test artifacts are created and published to internal Wiki and project SharePoint
- Develop a resource plan in support of key technology projects as well as CAS business and Off-Release installs
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage medium and large size QA teams
- Demonstrate very strong knowledge of the software quality assurance and testing processes and methodologies including test automation
- Proficiency in a technical capacity in order to provide guidance and mentorship
- Passion for high quality software engineering
- Team/Service-orientation which promotes self-reliance, personal discipline, and empowerment of individual contributors
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and inter-personal skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.