- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting four SF-based executives leading retail, ecommerce, new solutions sales and performance marketing teams. A proactive and can-do attitude is essential as we are looking for a team member who will play a key role in supporting our North America Merchant Sales & Solutions team. The position is based in San Francisco, and reports to a Visa vice president. A strong candidate will have successfully supported several managers with varied job roles and collaborated with others to support team, departmental and office activities.
Executive Administration Responsibilities
- Provide executive level administrative support, including managing multiple executive calendars in parallel, booking and managing executive travel plans, using Visa tools for expense and purchase management and preparing for meetings.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional relationships with internal and external business partners, including several levels of management, Visa employees and Visa clients
- Act as a liaison, problem solver, and facilitator across multiple time zones for an ambitious and energetic sales and account management leadership team at Visa’s corporate headquarters location
- Plan onsite and offsite team meetings and events, including coordinating conference room set-up, catering, A/V, and logistical arrangements, and providing occasional on-location support for team activities such as group meetings and team outings
- Prepare and update PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and other documents
- Provide support for reports, projects and initiatives as requested
- Assist with team travel arrangements as requested
- Be responsive to reasonable requests for off-hours work, email and messages follow-up
Team Support Responsibilities
- Provide support for site management and for other senior leaders
- Coordinate on-boarding of new employees and contractors, and associated tracking
- Assist with space management, workspace move requests and submit facilities work orders
- Maintain common areas such as break rooms and meeting rooms tidy after use
- Create purchase requisitions and assist staff with expense reporting and finance issues
- Perform team support duties including ordering office supplies, booking meeting rooms, processing training registrations, and updating distribution lists
- 5+ years of administrative experience required, including current or recent role supporting executives in a comparable manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of people and job functions
- Proficiency in managing multiple executive calendars and organizing travel
- Demonstrated strengths balancing and prioritizing from several team members, with attention to detail and proven ability to organize well
- Skilled in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint; experience with Oracle iExpense and iProcurement helpful
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent combination of work and education experience) is preferred
- Track record of excellent leadership and professional presence and displays confidence in working with others
- Interest and expertise in event planning and/or project coordination
- Capable of working with discretion and tact in an environment exposed to a high level of sensitive and confidential information
- History of creative problem solving, ability to work well collaboratively and maintain a professional work environment
Travel Requirements - Infrequent travel, and expect less than 10% travel will be required.
Physical Requirements - This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Work Hours - The incumbent must be available onsite in San Francisco during core business hours
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.