Director, Product Management, DPS Risk Product
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The DPS Risk Services vision is to partner with our clients to provide future-ready risk products and services that enable them to achieve superior performance. Our on-behalf of risk services protect clients throughout the transaction life-cycle and are a critical component in allowing us to deliver on that vision. This position will be responsible for the product management of these on-behalf of risk services. This person will be leading efforts to launch existing risk services in new regions and defining new services to bring to market. This role will also require collaboration and effective communication across multiple cross-functional teams within Visa. This positions reports to the Vice President of DPS Risk Services.
DPS Risk Services is looking for person who is a self-starter, results oriented and is focused on delivering innovative solutions to the market.
- Lead go-to-market activities by coordinating with multiple global and regional cross-functional teams
- Participate in managing product strategies and business plans, managing the prioritization, implementation and tracking of initiatives, performing competitive, customer, and market analysis and examination of new market opportunities
- Assess the effectiveness of the overall services and providing feedback to management in order to ensure the risk services reflect both current and future client and market needs
- Communicate with internal support and sales teams to educate, gather customer feedback and resolve product issues
- Develop and deliver presentations and documentation to both external and internal audiences in webinars and other venues regarding areas of product ownership
- Provide SME support for existing and future risk services to both internal and external audiences
- Interface with internal and external resources to determine and document necessary product enhancements to Visa Global Product teams
- Define new and/or enhanced service scope and business development requirements, identify benefits and risks
- Meeting project deadlines and budgets while providing solutions that meet the business requirements of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with Visa Global Product teams to develop aligned product plans, strategies and tactics in all areas of product ownership
- Manage product forecasting and P&Ls for risk services across multiple regions
- Partner with client services teams to coordinate forecasting and resource planning to support risk services
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field
8+ years of product management experience launching, building, and growing multiple products
Visa experience or knowledge of the bankcard industry (including payment processing, back office operations and risk) a plus.
Experience leading cross-functional teams including Engineering, Design, and Product Marketing
Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and influencing skills
Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
Must be proficient in all MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access) with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 50%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.