Director, VisaNet Technical Account Manager
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position is a hands on working Manager position that provides leadership and direction to a team responsible for providing support to NA Visa clients launching credit consumer, small business portfolios and provides in-depth VisaNet research support.
- Lead complex cross-functional client service delivery initiatives and work towards achieving client and key stakeholder satisfaction/acceptance of deliverables.
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality, and efficiency.
- Hands on working and serving as an escalation point for complex issues encountered by team members.
- Act as a mentor and train team members.
- Report customer project accomplishments and deliverables to management.
- Build and enhances positive working relationships with key Visa Product staff, Technology and internal stakeholders.
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on OLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Support biannual business enhancements and all Visa mandates.
- Collaborate with Product and Readiness teams to identify additional business opportunities.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or
- at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum of 10+ years progressively responsible experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services is required.
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Builds and grows productive relationships across department and functional boundaries.
- Makes sound business decisions in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Proficient in performing analysis to identify changes to improve processing performance and/or client profitability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing customers and staff at all levels.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans.
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills.
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical issues and apply to business solutions.
- Able to successfully set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrate success in customer relationship management.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Must be self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, logical problem solving, and ability to effectively prioritize/ multi-task under deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.