End user support- Technical support Analyst
- Shanghai, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Position Summary & Job Description
End User Services (EUS) group in Corporate IT is responsible for providing end user support to Visa staff. These include workstation (both physical and virtual), mobile wireless devices, voice & video equipment, workstation engineering, helpdesk services, and various other end user server solutions like Exchange, VDI and Endpoint security tools. The position of Technical Support Analyst will join the team to support end-users and work closely with various business and technology groups involved in the new data center setup at our facility in Shanghai. The responsibilities include, but not limited to deployment and support services for workstations, wireless devices, and voice & video equipment for Shanghai and other regional offices in Greater China region.
• Executive management support on all workstation, telephony, mobile related issues and requests
• Provide 2nd level support on escalated workstation and mobile related issues and requests
• Effectively questions user to collect and understand information regarding the problem they are experiencing and leads user through diagnostic procedures to identify, isolate and resolve source of problem.
• Analyze customer problems and formulates plans to implement to obtain resolutions.
• Handles problem identification, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for user problems.
• Interact with customers via telephone, e-mail, etc. providing technical support and problems solving abilities.
• Prioritize incidents and complaints to assure all SLAs are meet.
• Utilize all technical resources to solve customer problems.
• Escalate or work in tangent with appropriate support specialists or support groups on unresolved reported issues
• Escalate hardware repairs to third party maintenance providers as needed
• Maintains call records/logs and resolution detail utilizing case management solution, Service Now.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management to express ideas in order to make informed decisions.
• Installation of hardware/software as required.
• Provisions and prepares workstations using standard images.
• Setup and install new workstations, loaners and other workstation related equipment.
• Maintain 100% control of deployed assets by performing updates in Asset Center software relating to any changes in computer assets.
• Communicate and provide knowledge transfer to other agents/technicians on escalated calls and resolution.
• Coordinate and execute workstation relocation requests
• Work with other support groups, such as network operations, in assisting in the resolution of incidents or maintenance activities.
• Installation, configuration and support of PC, Mac, telephony, mobile and voice/video hardware/software
• Support and troubleshooting of Windows 10, Office 365/2016, macOS Sierra and above, iOS, Android
• Familiar with Active directory, McAfee Enterprise security solutions and disk encryption software
• Networking connectivity knowledge and troubleshooting.
• Experience in utilizing client remote control solutions & PC troubleshooting
• Microsoft Software troubleshooting.
• Setup, Configuration and troubleshooting of local and LAN printers.
• Cisco, or Skype Voice/Video troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of SCCM, BigFix and PowerShell scripting is preferable.
Experience & Education
• 4-6 years’ experience as PC technician supporting over 300 users
• College degree is highly desirable.
• Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
• Ability to support users at various levels of technical competency
• Ability to speak/write fluently in English
• Effectively manages difficult or volatile customer situations
• Problem Solving skills
• Ability to effectively perform problem isolation and resolution of critical systems in order to have the least amount of impact and downtime.
• Ability to schedule and prioritize
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Technical writing/documentation skills
• Ability to assess, analyze and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives
• Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly
• Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users and other technical teams
Other Required Characteristics
• People-oriented/Team Player
• Strong interpersonal abilities – must project credibility and integrity
• Flexible with hours
• Goal seeker
• Ability to multitask
• Detail oriented
• A great listener