Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Denver, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Successful candidate will be part of an experienced Test Engineering team responsible for testing Gateway Services applications (Visa Message Gateway, Extended Access, Visa File Gateway) or Vital Signs Monitoring Tool which are critical applications that control and monitor transaction flow between endpoints and VisaNet Integrated Payment (V.I.P.) system.
The Sr. Software Test Engineer for Network Processing Platform & Reliability Test Engineering team will be based in Denver, Colorado. The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Gateway Services applications and work with Gateway Services Development and other peer Test Engineering organizations to ensure high levels of software quality and seamless code releases.
- Work with the team in developing testing strategy for the project and determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests
- Create manual test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Develop and enhance automated test frameworks and test cases for the different types of tests employed
- Execute and report on the full testing suite of both manual and automated tests
- Work with Development and other relevant teams to analyze, debug and resolve design and software issues
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Hands-on testing on Linux and Windows platform
- Work effectively with test lead and test engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required
- 3 years of software engineering experience
- 2 years of manual and automated testing experience
- Excellent coding skills in Java
- Experience with software builds, testing and continuous integration tools preferably Jenkins
- Scripting experience on Linux (e.g. shell, python)
- Experience on using software tools such as Selenium, Junit. TestNG, Cucumber, Git, Jira and Maven
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, distributed systems, web technology (Jetty, Apache) and network protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP) desired
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.