Sr. Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Payment engineering team to help design, enhance and build our new generation transactional processing system in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be take leadership roles working on multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple to name a few. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
- You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they
respond to their business needs.
-You will build partnerships with product management to make sure that the products we are building deliver real value.
-You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more.
- You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with
providing technical documentation of solution.
- You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming
languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems.
- You’ll leverage new technologies to build the next generation of Risk Services.-You’ll lead efforts to architect, design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems.
- Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
- You coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
- You’ll lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
-You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- You are responsible for innovation which helps Cybersource in expanding in emerging markets while reducing TCO and TTM.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- You have a Masters degree in Computer Science or related field and 15+ years of Software Development Experience.
- You have proven experience leading teams that have delivered high quality large scale enterprise class applications.
- You are a Java expert and you have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar,
- JUnit, PowerMock.
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions and improvements.
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on thetask at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals.
- You have proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirements and independently, architect, design and build the solution.
- You have the passion to work with people and help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging and Unix skills to help support our Operations teams.
- A background in the fraud detection domain is a plus.
- Knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
- Exposure to leading edge areas such as Machine Learning that lead to deeper customer insights.
- Passion for Big Data and analytics in general leveraging technologies like Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce
- This position requires the incumbent to travel 10%+ domestically
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.