- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Research Engineer, you will discover, lead and manage a variety of research projects in the Visa research group. In this role, you will drive innovations by introducing technologies, methods, and solutions to deliver innovative products.
You will drive innovation from ideation to implementation. The innovation will build on the foundation distributed computing, blockchain, cloud computing, mobile, IoT, security, cryptograph, big data and artificial intelligence, and will research and build seamless, fast, reliable and secure payment solutions.
You will, in many cases, interact with different stake holders, senior executives, research scientists, software engineers and architects, as well as external parties like technology vendors, wallet providers, merchants, issuers and senior product regional managers. You will discover opportunities, propose research opportunities, create research plan, execute and implement the ideas. During the course, you will publish influential research papers and patents.
You will be integral part of Visa Research team. You will have the opportunity and the responsibility to build the long-term vision for the payment industry and influence the direction of the research and development across Visa.
- Master's Degree with Thesis or PhD in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other technology field
- Very strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners
- Strong research experiences and capable of organizing a complex research project from inception to implementation
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Proficient in Linux operating systems, familiar with kernel architecture and driver configuration
- Extensive programming experience in at least one or more in C, C++, Java, Python, Scala and Go
- Expert and proficiency in one of these areas: distributed computing, cloud computing, mobile computing, network of things, security, cryptograph, big data, and artificial intelligence
- Relevant course works in the domain of expertise
- Results orientation with ability to plan the work and work in a team
- Fast learner in new technologies
- Experience in multidisciplinary research and development is a plus
- Experience in high performance computing (SSE/Vector instructions, parallel computing, memory and cache access, FPGA and GPU) is a plus
- Experience in headless devices and their communication over the wired and wireless networks is a plus
- Experience in research and development applications using large scale of network of things is a plus
- Experience in large scale or distributed data mining and machine learning systems is a plus
- Experience in research and development of large scale distributed and hybrid systems is a plus
- Experience in research and development of cryptographic algorithms is a plus
- Experience in research and development of security models, secure system development and architecture is a plus
- Publications or presentation in recognized computing journals/conferences is a plus
- Payments industry experience is a plus
- Formulate business problems as research opportunity while ensuring key business drivers are captured in collaboration with stakeholders
- Create a concrete research proposal including problem statement, benefit of the research and plan of work for the fast iterations
- Work with senior executives, scientists and architects to formalize a committee to oversee the proposed research
- Implement the solution with prototype and early product by collaborating with other scientists and engineers
- Work and partner with product delivery teams to fully implement the proof of concept and early product in Visa services and products
- Document the milestone of research by delivering research reports
- Present and demo the research to a committee on the regular basis
- Work with IP team to identify patentable ideas in the research, as well as publication opportunities
- Champaign the innovation across the organizations and industries as an expert in the subject, either by providing consulting or by contributing to technology talks and presentations
- Continue to learn the new payment technologies in Visa and across industries
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.