Sr. Software Engineer MA
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will be a part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, Back-end Batching applications, and Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production).
We are an Agile Scrum development shop with 2 week iterations. Team consists of a Dev Manager, QA Manager, developers, QA engineers, scrum master, and product owner with local Configuration Management and Database Engineering support.
· Work with product owners to refine business requirements
· Analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable
· Provide technical documentation of solutions
· Break down architected solution into smaller, achievable tasks
· Present and communicate solution to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
· Knowledgeable of data technologies and solutions
· Work with full stack development - back end, middle tier, and client side
· Debugging and providing solutions for complicated issues
· Participate in demos and code reviews
· Multi-task and support multiple teams
· Enforce software best practices, standards and processes
B.S. in Computer Science and 3+ years of Software Development Experience or M.S-PhD with 1+ years of Software Development Experience
- Expert knowledge with Spring Technologies
- Expert knowledge of Security and Authentication standards and technologies like OAuth
- Expert building Hypermedia-based REST APIs
- Experience in coming up with Flow diagrams and be able to articulate the design or understanding of the code flows.
- Knowledgeable about Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
- Knowledgeable about Database technologies like Oracle and Hadoop
- Knowledgeable about network architecture, VIPS, and Firewalls
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel 10%+ domestically
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.