Director, Compliance IT and Systems - VGSI
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This job can be based in any of the following locations: Highlands Ranch, CO; Austin, TX, or Foster City, CA
This job can be based in any of the following locations: Highlands Ranch, CO; Austin, TX, or Foster City, CA Other locations will be considered on an individual basis.
Visa Global Services Inc. (VGSI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visa Inc. that facilitates the Visa B2B Connect product. Visa B2B Connect is a business-to-business payment service whereby participating banks to allow their corporate clients to pay their vendors and be paid by their own customers. Visa B2B Connect is designed to specifically address the challenges with traditional cross-border and cross-currency non-card payments
As a registered Money Service Business (MSB), VGSI maintains a global anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) and sanctions program established under formalized policies and procedures.
In this role, the Director, Compliance IT and Systems will be responsible for the product management of VGSI/Visa B2B Connect compliance systems (Actimize) and applications across the VGSI/Visa B2B Connect AML/ATF and sanctions program, working closely with AML colleagues across the globe. The Director, Compliance IT and Systems will be a proactive contributor to VGSI's global AML/ATF and sanctions strategies, procedures and policies. The Director, Compliance IT and Systems reports directly to the VGSI Chief Compliance Officer and interfaces with Visa Inc. technology teams on Compliance’s behalf.
· Interprets change requests submitted by the VGSI AML/ATF and sanctions or selected regional compliance team members, guides overall solutions based on system possibilities, and facilitates implementation of the change requests using the appropriate Visa technology resources.
· Act as business system administrator for the VGSI AML/ATF and sanctions systems and applications for user management, business rules management, and configuration management activities.
· Leads all business requirements, design workshops, UAT activities, and weekly status meetings for all compliance systems and applications projects.
· Provide statistical modeling and analytics across AML transaction monitoring activities, for use in generating finer granularity of AML alerts data.
· Assesses system Actimize health and functionality. Identifies concerns and leads solutions for technology issues.
· Advises on system development capabilities and needs to meet overall VGSI goals.
· Participate in the ongoing development of the VGSI AML/ATF and sanctions policy, procedures and practices.
· Promptly and accurately prepare and deliver reports to VGSI senior management, VGSI AML/ATF and sanctions team members, and regional compliance team members involved with Visa B2B Connect.
· Act as a subject matter expert on all VGSI/Visa B2B Connect AML/ATF and sanctions systems and applications; and provide relevant technical guidance to the VGSI and regional compliance AML/ATF and sanctions program team members, when warranted.
· Co-ordinate projects and prioritizes deliverables to meet timelines efficiently, and adapt quickly to changes in priorities.
· Leverage existing Visa Inc. compliance tools and lessons in building VGSI solutions. Ensure data alignment between systems where allowed and appropriate.
· Report periodically on business operations status and escalate issues to senior management.
· Participate in regular AML Team meetings.
· Bachelors/Degree or related field or equivalent work experience
· 10 years of implementing AML/ATF, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC systems
· Experience with Actimize (WLF, CDD, SAM, and IMF modules) or similar compliance tools preferred.
· Experience with Money Transmission environment and requirements preferred.
· Ability to translate business requirements to system parameters and architecture.
· Excellent approval and documentation standards for system decisions and implications.
· Hard worker who is self-motivated and adept at coordinating and working on multiple and varied tasks.
· Ability to perform under pressure and capable of working collaboratively with employees throughout the company.
· Fast learner and critical thinker, ability to interpret rules and policies and clearly articulate applicability to programs
· Strong project management and organization skills to keep large cross-functional teams delivering towards a common goal
· Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on clients
· Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
· Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative and judgment
· Ability to perform under pressure and capable of working collaboratively with employees throughout the company
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires no travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.