Senior Consultant (Senior Business Advisor) - Level 5
- Zürich, Switzerland
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
We are often recruiting for Senior Consultants to build our existing team. If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Consultant we want to hear from you! Our team will be in touch with you to initially explore your skills and experience before a live position becomes available. This way, we have already started to consider you, and have assessed your suitability, prior to the recruitment process initiating!
What’s it all about?
The Sr. Consultant will report to Visa Central Europe (CE) consulting team to deliver projects for Visa clients in the payments domain. The CE Cluster is part of our Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) Europe arm.
The Sr. Consultant will work towards the team’s goals as well as supporting the VCA Europe goals more broadly across the region. The Sr. Consultant will manage the delivery of detailed data gathering, analysis, insight and practical recommendations to enable successful delivery of client projects.
Furthermore, the Sr. Consultant might be also responsible for delivering internal projects, analysis and reports for internal use.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Core responsibility of the Sr. Consultant will be to oversee consulting activities in Switzerland and Lichtenstein, but can be deployed to other projects in the CE Region (Germany, Austria and the Netherlands) (and potentially more broadly across Europe. The role will report to the CE Head of VCA.
- Understand our clients’ business objectives, needs, plans etc together with the CE Account Management Team
- Identify opportunities and potential for improvement to help Visa clients in growing their business
- Develop and propose appropriate strategies and business solutions to the clients
- Manage the delivery of high quality consultancy engagements in the CE Cluster
- Management of internal and external project team members
- Set and manage the project budgets
- Contribute to consulting sales and delivery targets
- Perform data analysis
- Help to intensify the business relationships between Visa and its key clients
- Build and retain Visa Consulting relationships to our key clients
- Support the CE Consulting Team and the broader VCA Europe team in achieving the goals for the clusters as well as to support Account Executives in subject expertise areas
- Initiate and execute Thought Leadership projects on the future of payment and retail banking to our clients and partners
- Leverage Visa’s innovation, product and data capabilities to further grow our clients’ business by working together with the sales and product teams as well as the Visa Innovation and Data Sciences team
- Support Visa Consulting and Analytics practice development by developing skills, tools and innovative methodologies on personal and on team level
What we’re after…
- Significant experience in retail banking and/or payment card industry and/or merchant retail business
- Previous experience in strategy / management consulting; with proven project deliveries and expertise in consulting methodologies
- Project experience in a digital and technology-driven environment
- Local sector knowledge and experience
- High intellectual capability evidenced by deep analytical skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of data analytics methodologies and tools and the use of data insights for business growth in a digital and technology-driven environment
- Excellent client relationship management skills (also on senior executive level and across all levels of an organisation)
- Strong sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
- Fluent in German and English (written & verbal), French would also be an advantage
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to comprehend and convey complex technical information
- Strong Business Acumen and Business Analysis Skills (research and analyse market and client information to tell a story)
- Technology/Digitally-savvy and an understanding of consumer economics/behaviour
- Curiosity & willingness to learn and develop as a professional
- Ability to travel
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.