Sr. SW Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Reliability Engineering Operations team is dedicated to developing advanced technology (e.g. Time Series Anomaly detection, Cloud, Machine Learning and Big Data), systems and services to make data secure, rich, high quality, and fast therefore enabling Visa the ability to leverage its time series data assets to perform anomaly detection, alerting and visualization.
The team is responsible for defining the next generation of Visa's Data Platform including the Data Platform as a Service.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background in JAVA, JAVA script and full stack knowledge in any track who is very familiar with up to date development in the industry in these areas. He/she will also have exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, be an analytical and structured thinker and have significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management and software solution delivery. The position will be based in Visa’s Bangaluru office.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Corporate Information Technology (CIT) organization provides support for Finance, Revenue, Human Resources, Customer Relationship Management and Corporate Risk applications for Visa. This includes managing system requirements, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver industry leading packaged software and customer developed solutions.
The candidate will work in Revenue & Pricing Systems DevOps team, designing, configuring and testing applications and systems to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance business functions. The ideal candidate will bring experience in requirement gathering, functional configurations, system and data analysis; and testing of large volume financial systems. This role will also participate in planning and execution of application testing, doing advanced application configurations, system and data analysis to ensure successful delivery of business capabilities.
Candidate's responsibility will include:
- Champion resiliency and reliability oriented architectures, patterns and trends through thought leadership and evangelism. Embrace DevOps and Combined Dev + Test Engineering transformation to achieve accelerated delivery.
- Develop components involving event instrumentation, event classification, multi-protocol event handlers, stream processing, pipelining, time series data aggregation and data analytics.
- Work closely with rest of the development teams to ensure that services and platforms are designed with reliability in mind.
- Develop tools for reliability of application services - reliability scope includes event detection, monitoring models, reaction strategies and mechanisms to automate service recovery.
- Evaluate & customize various frameworks including open source software to recommend appropriate choices
- Design, develop, document and implement new systems, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 or more years demonstrated experience implementing scalable solutions for one or more of the following: Event Monitoring, Time Series Analytics. Ability to understand systems from all levels: from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view. Strong familiarity with event monitoring frameworks like Splunk
- 5+ or more years demonstrated experience with n-tier web application development and experience in Java development. Must demonstrate knowledge and experience with many of the major Java APIS (e.g. JMS, JPA, JNDI, EJB, RMI, JAX, JMX etc.)
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and big data stack, containerization, dockers etc.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, and full SDLC Development tools, including Jenkins, Bamboo, GIT, Maven, Junit, Code review, Static analysis, Security testing
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile development
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and Databases (e.g. Tomcat, Oracle/NoSQL/Mongo/MySQL, Hadoop/Hbase)
- Experience leading projects from development through implementation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.