Sr Software Engineer - Automation
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role requires the engineer who has worked on both web and mobile testing with expertise in web services, API and mobile automation.
You would need to work with other automation engineers in the team and implement the automation for mobile application features and flows.
You would need to closely work with product managers and development teams to improve the quality and automation coverage.
What you will do:
- Help our product to achieve the desired goals by understanding the requirements and developing automation test cases with best test coverage.
- Drive test automation goals and support continuous integration and regression testing by utilizing and extend existing test automation test suite.
- Execute test plans and manage all activities in the plan to ensure that objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
- Test solutions in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, security and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems
- Understand and practice quality functions in an agile development cycle using Scrum process.
- Manage test platforms as the primary QE environment steward
What it takes:
- Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
- Curiosity: A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
- Creativity: The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
- Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
- Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well
- Excellence: Passion for high quality and efficiency
- Evangelism: Be Comfortable leading meetings and discussions with non-technical teams.
- Leadership: Proven track record of responsibilities as a technical lead.
- Mentorship: A guide who can coach and mentor team members.
- 3-7 years of experience in Computer Science (BS or MS) or related field from distinguished university with solid GPA
- Mobile testing expertise (iOS, Android) using selenium/Appium is a must
- Experience/Exposure to test framework development.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Java /JS/ python coding experience is must.
- Web services testing for REST API/ Queues and automation using standard frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience testing APIs and service side components
- Experience with SDKs
- Exposure and keen eye for UX/UI design and testing
- Passion and knowledge for latest developments of mobile and web technologies
- Exposure to Agile development process with sprint
- Knowledge and/or experience in finance/payment industry a plus