Sr. Staff Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will be part of Visa’s Digital Development Platform (DDP), Push Payments and Mobile Enablement (PPME) global team, which focuses on building end to end mobile commerce application solutions for global markets.
We are looking for a technically expert Sr Staff Software Engineer for our PPME team based out of our Bangalore office.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- The Sr Staff Software Engineer is a leadership role, and therefore the successful candidate should be able to effectively lead multiple simultaneous projects, working very closely with the engineering leads, engineers, product manager, and client support teams.
- Works with Solution or Enterprise Architecture to translate architecture into a delivered solution that realizes the vision and purpose.
- Possesses functional and industry experience
- Provides the technical guidance the project needs to meet the wider goals of the org strategy.
- Effectively translates functional and non- functional requirements into an engineered solution.
- Proficient at understanding and analyzing the architecture of an existing solution.
- Strong Knowledge on User Experience.
- This role requires logical thinking, application of programming and design techniques to design, build, maintain solution, quick troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Possesses a breadth of knowledge on applying technology and is sought after for advice for new projects being considered.
- Independently, applies engineering best practice to realize identified non-functional requirements.
- Consistently applies sound engineering practices leading to improved business outcomes.
- Provides necessary solution architecture and design artifacts on time.
- Conducts project level design reviews and guides the team through adjustments if necessary.
- To be successful in the role, deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, mobile (iOS, Android) and its related technologies, multi-tiered architecture and specific experience in designing complex solutions on Mobile is essential.
- Leads and supports both product and technical discussions about how to apply existing and/or new technology in support of the business.
- In addition to the technical skill set and passion for learning new technologies, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with external teams & stakeholders.
- Teach others through informal sessions such as brown bags and tech talks.
- Coach/mentor others within sub-function.
- Plays the “Player-Coach” role for the team at project level.
- Understands how a project fits into the overall technology roadmap and communicate to the team to help establish buy-in and ownership.
- Takes ownership and/or leads the engineering responsibility for multiple components in a project.
- Provides consultative work throughout the project lifecycle to ensure vision and goal of project is realized through delivery.
- Is able to coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project.
- Works with engineers to ensure they are delivering quality and efficiently against project requirements.
- Supports operational and QA teams in support activities such as troubleshooting, defect research, code promotion and configuration for projects lead by the engineer.
- Successful candidate will have a flair for out-of-box thinking and be passionate about mentoring and coaching junior software engineers.
What we're after...
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- 12+yrs of hands-on experience and deep knowledge in software product development (majorly on Mobile application development)
- 5+ years of experience in designing/architectural horizontally scalable, multi-tenant mobile applications
- Proficient in implementing design patterns.
Strong understanding of :Swift, Kotlin, Android, Core Java Scripting, (Shell, and Python etc)
- Expert level skills in design and developing Mobile App solutions on multiple platforms (iOS/Android).
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience building modularized mobile applications
- Solid understanding of up-to-date UX/UI concepts
- Experience building tools, native mobile apps or SDK
- Deep understanding on building/strategizing automated scalable infrastructure to test mobile products.
- Divides time between active coding related activities, design, coordination, mentoring, project management, and/or leading same.
- Experience in mobile app deployment and distribution lifecycle with automated and scalable CI/CD infrastructure.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience of leading initiatives & mentoring a team of software engineers at a task level
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis
- A go-getter who is not overwhelmed by new technology, tight timelines, or parallel projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and flexible to work with distributed global teams and willing to support clients globally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
Experience in payments tech / banking system software
Hybrid app technologies (ReactNative, Titanium, PhoneGap)