Sr. SW Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Candidate's responsibility will include:
- Champion resiliency and reliability oriented architectures, patterns and trends through thought leadership and evangelism. Embrace DevOps and Combined Dev + Test Engineering transformation to achieve accelerated delivery.
- Develop components involving event instrumentation, event classification, multi-protocol event handlers, stream processing, pipelining, time series data aggregation and data analytics.
- Work closely with rest of the development teams to ensure that services and platforms are designed with reliability in mind.
- Develop tools for reliability of application services - reliability scope includes event detection, monitoring models, reaction strategies and mechanisms to automate service recovery.
- Evaluate & customize various frameworks including open source software to recommend appropriate choices
- Design, develop, document and implement new systems, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 or more years demonstrated experience implementing scalable solutions for one or more of the following: Event Monitoring, Time Series Analytics. Ability to understand systems from all levels: from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view. Strong familiarity with event monitoring frameworks like Splunk
- 5+ or more years demonstrated experience with n-tier web application development and experience in Java development. Must demonstrate knowledge and experience with many of the major Java APIS (e.g. JMS, JPA, JNDI, EJB, RMI, JAX, JMX etc.)
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and big data stack, containerization, dockers etc.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, and full SDLC Development tools, including Jenkins, Bamboo, GIT, Maven, Junit, Code review, Static analysis, Security testing
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile development
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and Databases (e.g. Tomcat, Oracle/NoSQL/Mongo/MySQL, Hadoop/Hbase)
- Experience leading projects from development through implementation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.