Financial Analyst, Europe FP&A - Level 4
- London, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Financial Analyst, Europe FP&A (L4) is primarily responsible for assisting with the expense and headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting and performance tracking activities across the European region.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This person will be part of a team that will be responsible for the end-to-end process to:
- Deliver financial forecast modelling primarily focused on expense and headcount performance across Europe
- Monitor Europe’s expense performance and determine multi-year financial plans and commitments, financial budgets, forecasts and gaps
- Deliver financial management analytics and communicate business implications from analysis
- Execute other planning and performance analysis
- Assist with developing a culture where optimising performance is everybody’s responsibility to assist with the delivery of our strategic and financial goals.
- This role will report to the Director, Europe FP&A, and will be based in London at our Paddington office.
- Assist with planning, budgeting, forecasting and performance tracking activities on expenses and headcount across Europe
- Assist with modelling and exercises to increase profitability, efficiencies and performance that contribute to short to multi-year regional/country specific goals
- Assist with effort to quantify financial results from activities and initiatives identified during the planning process as part of the annual budgeting process
- Assist with effort to deliver expense and headcount budget that will be followed by entire European organization
- Communicate business insights from ongoing monitoring and modelling of various metrics and benchmarking resources
- Proactively track performance of the European business to provide insights that drive actions or remediation plans and ensure delivery of key activities and annual/multi-year goals
- Assist with Management of KPI’s related to expenses and headcount target setting process along with global counterparts and other key stakeholders
- Build in-depth knowledge and drive deeper understanding of Visa’s business model and levers across the organization, particularly the Finance Business Partners
- Assist with the design and implementation optimized and repeatable expense and headcount planning processes with clear requirements, shortened cycle times and simplified processes
- Assist with management of system changes and implementation of new expense and headcount planning tools in collaboration with Financial Systems Strategy, IT and Global Finance teams
- Assist with preparation of financial analysis and meeting materials with Reporting function
- Work closely and effectively with other finance functions and global/regional teams
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in high performing global companies
- Excellent critical thinking skills, and focus on intellectual rigour and strong business ethics
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to successfully promote collaboration across different teams and interface with people at various levels across the organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to clearly communicate insights from financials to assist with business decisions
- Action-oriented with a can-do attitude to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; outstanding financial modelling skills with an understanding of financial applications and databases
- Experience in Finance and Strategy/Planning, including good understanding of accounting concepts
- Intellectually curious, able to engage, enable and inspire others
- A hands-on approach to all activities with real passion and high levels of energy. Agile and comfortable adapting to different environments
- Creative and resourceful in overcoming barriers and unexpected roadblocks. Courageous in spirit, driving change through innovation
- Possesses high personal standards of ethics and integrity towards employees, stakeholders and customers
- Diversity of thought and experience. Continually seeks new perspectives and feedback, takes an inclusive approach
- Eager to seek a challenge and expand frontiers; brings a visionary approach. Sets and meets a high bar of goals and principles
- Committed to building a community through Visa’s Leadership Principles
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.