Technical Product Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Corporate Information Technology, Billing and Incentives Systems Organization, enables Visa's revenue growth through flexible pricing engines and global revenue platforms built on next-generation technologies. This includes managing system requirements, evaluating cutting-edge technologies, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate revenue applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver customer developed solutions, as well as implement industry leading packaged software.
Candidates should be passionate, self-driven and resourceful, creative problem solvers with can-do attitude, very familiar with the up to date development of related cutting edge technologies especially open source projects, have exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, be an analytical and structured thinker as well as with significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management and software solution delivery. The position will be based in Visa’s Foster City office.
- Define the product roadmap, success metrics, SLA by partnering with leadership
- Work closely with all stakeholders for scope and prioritization to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of and achieve high rating from customers
- Function as the systems subject matter expert (SME) for 2-3 distinct functional areas
- Function as a product manager to explore, evaluate, recommend, and design new features and functionalities for applications implemented at Visa
- Participate in the architecture and integration of Billing and Incentives Systems applications including design, testing, implementation
- Perform quality and user testing including test strategy documentation, test case preparation, test execution and test results documentation
- Work with project management to participate in agile working teams to ensure seamless timely delivery of products
- Work with operation and engineering teams to ensure reliable operations and SLAs met or exceeded
- Analyze system and data failures to identify and implement operational excellence and control needs
- Ensure all processes are fully met in line with company guidelines and support, compliance reviews, testing and audits
- Maintain working knowledge of Billing technology trends and best practices
- Develop, manage, and maintain positive relationships with business partners, vendors and consultants to address support and project activities
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Strong product management and business transformation experience
- Self-motivated, results driven, with the ability to quickly establish clear, well thought out action plans and drive deliverables to completion under tight deadlines
- Must have working experience building high volume and large scale distributed systems. Billing and/or Payments systems experience is a strong plus.
- Demonstrate a wide range of engineering experiences including many of these areas: Oracle technologies (such as ORMB, E-Business Suite Financials or Fusion), SQL, Unix, Java, BI Publisher
- Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools (e.g. Jira, Rally) and CI/CD, Devops
- Six Sigma certification is desired
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work independently in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with clients and partners at all levels
- Fast learner on both technical side and business side
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours. The candidate will be part of a global team and work with members located in Austin, Bangalore, Singapore
- This position will require up to 10% travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.