Director, Client Services
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific Client Support group are locally deployed client service experts to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide. This role is an individual contributor at an advanced support staff level and is responsible for applying independent judgment in initiating and implementing cross client process improvements, resolving complex issues, making strategic recommendations and supporting top tier clients.
This role is a permanent position, locally deployed in our Sydney office.
- Lead complex cross regional or cross-functional customer service delivery initiatives and work towards achieving client and key stakeholder acceptance of deliverables.
- Provide insight and input within cross-functional Visa organizations for new or changing products and services which may impact their clients, including Visa rules, integrated billing, and transaction research.
- Consult with client institutions and provide technical expertise to structure effective programs.
- Coordinate directly with client to understand client requirements and facilitate new installations, conversions and maintenance requests without client impact.
- Report customer project accomplishments and deliverables to management.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex issues encountered by team members.
- Act as a mentor and train team members.
- Manage non-routine, complex processing and change requests, as well as tactical and strategic client initiatives.
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality, revenue and efficiency.
- Build and enhances positive working relationships with key Visa client institutions, processors and internal stakeholders.
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner while managing costs and increasing overall transaction performance (including authorization, clearing & settlement, back office processing).
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
- Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Support biannual business enhancements and all Visa mandates.
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities.
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews to include billing and transaction processing.
- Responsible for own work flow assignments and must be able to take the initiative to resolve problems and meet deadlines
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience; Minimum of 12+ years progressively responsible experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services.
- Local market and regulatory knowledge (Australia) and functional experience in bankcard operations, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Working knowledge of Visa systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, Visa Settlement Services, Visa dispute proces
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing customers and staff at all levels.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans.
- Experience using standard MS Office 365 tools (e.g. MS Teams, Sharepoint, OneNote, etc.).
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills.
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical issues and apply to business solutions.
- Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrate success in customer relationship management.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language.
- Working knowledge of payments network and processing services - message routing, STIP, clearing and settlement
- Working knowledge of Visa digital services, Scan and Pay, VTS, VDP, etc.Familiarity of the market’s Fintech scene is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.