Global Product Portfolio Senior Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Business Analyst position will support the Global Product Portfolio team. This is part of the Portfolio Delivery team responsible for managing technology investments across the Global Product organization. This team is responsible for bringing forward and aligning technology investments with the Global Product roadmap, assessing overall portfolio performance across technology programs and overseeing quarterly product performance reviews. The Global Product Portfolio Management team is responsible for ensuring alignment and collaboration across Global Product, Technology and Finance teams. The ideal candidate has a background in project, program or portfolio management with capital planning experience. Experience within a technology organization and agile environment is a plus.
This role will be responsible for supporting the following:
- Partnering with global / regional product and technology teams to facilitate alignment for strategic investments within Global Product.
- Partnering with technology to ensure technology investments and programs align with the overall Global Product roadmap, business benefits and KPIs.
- Supporting the implementation of a prioritization framework to manage Global Product’s technology investments in alignment with the Global Product roadmap.
- Creating visibility for program and product investment performance, specifically to analyze successful completion of short and long-term goals across all global product lines.
- Assisting product portfolio initiatives related to product capital planning, global product annual technology budgeting and planning. This includes data collection, analysis, presentation summaries, and project management support.
- Assisting activities to oversee monthly/quarterly product performance reviews across global products to evaluate overall progress across product portfolios and product line success.
- Assisting in communications to product and technology stakeholders so they are informed of investment planning, changes, and execution progress across the programs.
- Perform day to day activities for the product portfolio funding.
- Facilitating alignment between product and technology for product portfolio funding.
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- BA or BS degree in Business, Economics, or related field
- 4+ years of project management or analytical role across complex programs and projects.
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management & process improvement techniques, methodologies, and best practices
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross-functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including understanding of key change management concepts and methodologies; Proven abilities to effectively lead, organize and prioritize work.
- Superior ability to effectively collect and interpret data from multiple sources with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong partnering skills; has exceptionally strong and highly effective working relationships with internal and/or external customers, partners and stakeholders.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Transformation and process improvement experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with an attention to detail. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels, capable of summarizing and communicating key financial information and business strategy at an executive level
- SAFe certification a plus
- Experience in the Payments and/or Technology industry a plus
- Capital planning and budgeting experience a plus
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time. Occasional commute to other Visa offices in the bay area will be required.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.