Visa Direct Product Pricing Strategy Lead
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa Direct is a new payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payouts to shared economy providers), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), and more. The push payments market is estimated to be more than $80 Trillions of payment volume, replacing cash, checks, and ACH with push credits directly into bank accounts in real-time.
The Visa Direct Strategy and Pricing Lead will be a key team member of the Global Business Strategy and Delivery group. The successful candidate will be leading all the competitive intelligence and strategic insights influencing Visa Direct P&L performance, including pricing strategy for Visa and our clients.
- Evolve product portfolio, packaging, and monetization models to better align with differing customer needs/value/willingness-to-pay and encourage deeper customer relationships
- Identify new cross-portfolio packaging, and bundling opportunities to simplify sales motion and increase product penetration (e.g. best practices for acquirer pricing strategies)
- Transform key insights into actionable recommendations and communicate findings to cross-functional stakeholders and senior leaders
- Establish targets/measure KPIs to track performance and enable continuous improvements
- Partner with regional product teams and Pricing, Finance, Public Reporting, Client Delivery, Legal, and Revenue Operations to bring industry leading solutions to market
- Serve as product SME for global clients deal architecture
- Provide product strategy support to internal teams and to external clients when needed
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT :
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10-20% of the time.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with a Masters/MBA/JD/MD or at least 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, or similar field; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience with strategy, go to market, pricing, payments
- Ability to understand customer needs/perceived value, drive customer value creation, and develop go-to-market strategies to accelerate growth
- Strategy expertise: Demonstrated thought leadership in monetization strategy, pricing models, and go-to-market strategy. Deep value-based packaging and pricing expertise
- Highly quantitative and data-driven with experience using hypothesis and data-driven analyses to solve large, complex business problems and quantify business opportunities
- Experienced researcher: Expertise with research methodologies and data analytics to support go to market strategies
- Communication skills. Able to communicate effectively, develop compelling recommendations, and inspire team members, cross-functional partners, and executives
- Leadership skills: Experienced leader who can develop innovative strategies, inspire cross-functional teams, and drive decision making among senior executives.
- Strong team player, self-motivated and willing to roll up the sleeves
- Commitment: Ability to drive key initiatives to successful outcomes in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.