Global Chip Product, Product Management Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Analyst of Product Management will be a key contributor on Visa’s Global Chip Product team, which is responsible for the development and rollout of Visa’s chip products and platforms. This includes high priority product initiatives at Visa such as the rollout of contactless and mobile payments globally. The Analyst will support important programs that ensure clients and industry partners can leverage Visa chip technology in their product launches. The Analyst will be expected to develop proficiency in Visa contact and contactless chip technology/specifications, card personalization, digital certificates, and chip test tools critical to a secure payments ecosystem. The position will be based in Foster City, California and will report to a Senior Director of Product Management.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g.Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 2-4 years of professional work experience, preferably with a major financial institution, payment card network, technology leader, or global consulting firm
- Strong customer oriented mind set to support the rollout of key Visa initiatives and products
- Ability to manage complex projects and processes with multiple stakeholders over a wide variety of projects and business problems
- Proficiency in at least one programming language and the ability to understand binary code a big plus
- Knowledge of chip specifications, chip test tools, and contact/contactless payment processing a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation skills
- Highly organized with excellent multitasking skills and the ability to manage multiple disparate projects in parallel
- Ability and willingness to learn and contribute in a fast-paced, ever changing financial services ecosystem
Support clients with the Visa Smart Debit and Credit Certificate Authority tool access, program requirements, billing, etc.
Manage the Visa Technology Partner website which supports chip specifications licensing and documentation in support of the rollout of Visa chip and contactless technology
Support the development and maintenance of a suite of test tools to ensure the successful rollout of Visa contact/contactless card and mobile products
Contribute to drafting client and partner communications, technical specifications, etc.
Work cross functionally across Visa to establish best practices and identify opportunities to improve Visa chip tools, products, and processes.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.