Staff Systems Engineer - Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a key technology pillar at Visa, responsible for providing secure access to misc. payment related applications and services from a variety of users (employees, businesses and customers across) globally. To stay ahead of the rapidly changing security landscape especially with globalization of Visa's business and newer form factors of access via new devices, IOT etc., has direct impact on IAM Services. IAM team is rapidly growing and has a global presence in Singapore, Beijing, Bangalore, London, Austin and Foster City.
Are you interested to be part of a dynamic diverse team of industry’s leading IAM/Security professionals?
You will work and lead in this dynamic environment with a talented team, influencing and building the next generation IAM technology stack at Visa.
What is important for us:
- Security First – Our team focuses on security in everything we do and we take it seriously with no compromises of any sort. We look forward to like minds
Curiosity – Be curious; ask how things work and ask how you can learn new stuff. We believe curiosity fosters creativity.
Ownership – We have clients and customers who embodies complete trust on us because we show them we own what we do in every sense. We expect every team member completely own the activity he/she is responsible.
- Agility – Be open for a change and acclimate to them.
As a Systems Engineer, you will:
- Establish strong engineering best practices on vulnerability mitigation and server patching in various non-production environments within the Identity and Access management(IAM) space.
- Own non production infrastructure and be a ninja of infrastructure, platform and network issues.
- Be the go to person for developers and QA engineers for any infrastructure related issues.
- Visa Inc. manages and rolls out many products which runs mostly on Linux Distributions and some on Windows platform, be open to learning infrastructure and platform for various IAM products
- Devise best practices for infrastructure management and maintain a wiki on common environment issues to ensure developers and QA engineers can learn and apply from it.
- Support our new CI/CD pipeline for infrastructure roll out and management.
- Manage, apply and report on security and vulnerability patching in non-production environments
- BS/MS in EC/CS/IT
- 8 + years of Solid hands-on experience as Platform Support Engineer with specialization in Unix, Java or Python
- Experience with Industry standard application servers is a must (WebLogic, Tomcat)
- Experience working on Identity Management solutions like Sail point or similar tools is a must.
- Strong inter-personnel, problem solving & communication skills
- Command of MVC architecture and platform failure points
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- Knowledge on Docker or Similar Containerization and Container Orchestration tools.
- Prior experience on IAM products related to Authentication, provisioning, authorization, SSO, and/or enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth and/or mobile development (iOS/Android) a big plus
- Prior knowledge of managing Apache Big Data infrastructure is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.