Project Manager - Transit
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The position will be a part of the Strategy and Business Planning team within Visa CEMEA Merchant Sales and Acquiring (MS&A) Department. The candidate will be technically skilled and will play an end to end role (pre and post sales) in implementation and integration of open loop payments solutions for Public Transport Operators (PTOs) in MENA region. The candidate should also demonstrate strong understanding of Visa Transit Models and should also be able to assist with the pre-sales pitches to PTO’s, Vendors, Acquirer’s and Regulators including but not limited to responding to request for information and proposals (RFI and RFP).
The role will involve engaging with broad range of cross functional and cross geographical internal and external stakeholders to provide an optimal integration experience with the Visa products, services & platforms. The role will be measured on successfully integrated clients.
The candidate should have a passion for project management excellence, customer advocacy, and will be responsible for contributing towards the continual enhancement of a Prince2 project delivery methodology to ensure Visa are aligned to industry best practices.
- Contribute with the continual evolution of the Client Delivery methodology (including processes) to ensure Visa delivers projects as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Supervision of the project lifecycle for client implementations including, Project planning & estimation, RAID management with detailed reporting activity around all projects for project phases, timelines & impacts/forecasted P&L impact.
- Accountable and responsible for the successful implementation, deployment & launch of net new clients launching with the Visa Transit Solutions that result in net new revenue for strategic enterprise clients.
- Provide project methodology support for internal & cross functional projects such as beta programme for new product launches or new service offerings.
- Maintain current and working industry knowledge of Transit payment solutions and the project management life cycle process, methodologies and best practices which should be used to ensure constant service evolution through critical path evaluation
- Responsible for maintaining & ensuring all relevant service delivery documentation including but not limited to statements of work, agreements, project plans etc. are signed off prior to commencement of engagements with clients
- Ensure that knowledge & best practices are being shared & leveraged across the regional teams & globally where applicable through cross functional collaboration.
- Oversee initiatives to ensure quality-of-service is maintained regionally, with a focus on training and on-going development to improve the service.
- Act as an advocate for the MS&A function promoting the vision and mantra within the business, working with the regional sales team to ensure that their knowledge and awareness of team capability is up-to-date through close cross functional collaboration with the global transit teams.
- Lead and promote cross-functional and global collaboration for execution and delivery of projects and implementation plans.
- Provide regular reporting, insight & updates to the Senior Director on performance with respect to projects inflight, risks and issues, client launch dates etc. & resource utilization.
- To provide support to the sales team by providing technical & business knowledge of Transit acceptance processes and associated services
Note: This is not intended to be an exhaustive list.
Key Results Areas
- Successful delivery of all net new strategic enterprise clients through project management due diligence resulting in completion of projects within budget, with minimum delays resulting in sustainable transactional revenue for business growth & stability.
- Formulate & maintain a strategy of the client delivery support function in regards to project management support provided across the MENA region for net new sales & strategic upsells of additional services.
- Maintain certification of PRINCE2 methodology for both foundation & practitioner.
- Successful alignment to the transit Vendors to ensure top 5 Vendors are managed through technical service delivery for optimum integration through project methodologies.
- Successful support through project management duties for internal strategic initiatives & beta programmes for the successful launch of new products, services or platforms.
- Experience of working in a payment's environment within project management, service delivery, preferably within the Public transportation industry.
- Experience of providing on-going project leadership to global and/or regional strategic enterprise clients over prolonged periods of time.
- Experience of providing presentations to both technical and non-technical users.
- Experience of working with tier 0 & 1 level clients across multiple verticals including travel, retail
- PRINCE2 certified (foundation & practitioner)
- Expert level with Microsoft MS Project
- Proven track record in high customer focus and attention to detail
- Exemplary communication, presentation & negotiation skills
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Business, Science,
- Familiarity with basic financials & ability to interpret accounts & P&L information
- Ability to speak Arabic would be preferred
Key Results Areas
1. Successful delivery of all net new strategic enterprise clients through project management due diligence resulting in completion of projects within budget, with minimum delays resulting in sustainable transactional revenue for business growth & stability.
2. Formulate & maintain a strategy of the client delivery support function in regards to project management support provided across the MENA region for net new sales & strategic upsells of additional services.
3. Maintain certification of PRINCE2 methodology for both foundation & practitioner.
4. Successful alignment to the transit Vendors to ensure top 5 Vendors are managed through technical service delivery for optimum integration through project methodologies.
5.Successful support through project management duties for internal strategic initiatives & beta programmes for the successful launch of new products, services or platforms.