Senior Director, Global Product Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Product Marketing, the Strategy and Planning leader is responsible for leading strategic projects, developing operating models and guiding the fiscal prioritization and planning process for the global product marketing team to drive business outcomes. This is a new role at Visa and you, along with the Vice President, will be the glue that binds Visa’s product strategy to the plans needed to drive success in sales and marketing, ultimately delivering data-driven results. You are a strategic thinker and obsessed with enabling the team’s ability to evangelize Visa’s products and solutions to our customers. This role requires deep collaboration with cross-functional partners, knowledge of product management and product marketing’s role, an innate ability to guide the strategic but also to quickly operationalize and monitor delivery.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/) or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- Prior relevant experience working in a product management or product marketing function and / or within a corporate strategy and operations practice
- You have an Intellectual curiosity and a passion for building new teams and capabilities
- Prior experience in organization design and scaling teams
- You have a demonstrated ability to lead a prioritization and planning process for a function
- Strong financial acumen, outcomes-driven and ability to use data to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- You have prior knowledge on the agile framework and operating model
- A strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups
- Expertise in developing persuasive presentation materials (PowerPoint) and sharing perspectives to drive alignment in small group settings
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully in a highly matrixed organization, across a number of different teams and global locations
- Familiarity with the marketing tech stack preferred (sales and marketing automation and measurement tools such as Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua, AEM and Google Analytics) as well as understanding of corporate processes to update technology
Partner with marketing and product leadership to both outline and deliver on the strategic direction of the function
Lead white-space strategy projects, both framing the challenges and developing recommendations, ensuring fact-based analysis to support recommendations
Work to develop and align on clear operating model between Product and Marketing and across other relevant cross-functional teams and regions
Lead the annual and multi-year planning approach for the team, including driving rigor around prioritization, process, timelines, and deliverables in partnership with the Global Product Organization as well as global and regional Marketing & Communications teams
- Manage budget (with leadership and finance) and ensure on-plan delivery of costs and outcomes, demonstrating an understanding of key P&L leverage points
Develop team scorecard and success metrics
Work with HR and Training teams to build career paths and training opportunities for the function
Identify continued process improvement opportunities and execute plans to drive improvements
Develop clear and concise executive level communications, including presentations for Executive and Operating Committee forums
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.