Sr. Account Executive, Commercial – Public Sector
- Washington, DC, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As the Sr. Account Executive, Public Sector, you will drive Visa Commercial program volume and revenue and secure targeted opportunities in the public sector, while overseeing a ~27B book of public sector business. Developing and maintaining key relationships with Federal and State Government agencies, both direct and in alignment with financial institution partners will be key to your success. Leveraging your expertise in commercial payments (and related B2G applications), you will make highly effective, solutions-based selling strategies to drive relationships with decision makers in the public sector, including Federal (GSA), State and Local Governments. As a highly effective collaborator and influencer, you’ll also work closely with internal and external partner groups to drive results across Visa's global, highly matrixed organization.
· Develop and execute sales strategies/account plans to increase sales volume, optimize product adoption, expand product and brand visibility and achieve/exceed sales and corporate objectives.
· Develop and execute customized account plans to support customers within the Federal Commercial space, optimizing customer relationships and satisfaction, expanding existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa products and services.
· Implement strategies that position the business to shape and capitalize on emerging customer and market needs and opportunities.
· Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the sales management and direction of the business.
· Prepare proposals and negotiate contractual relationships with prospects/customers for deploying Visa products and services.
· Continuously review client landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing the Visa business.
· Provide market and sales updates as requested to the Commercial and Prepaid Sales team leader
· Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the client's business objectives are met
· Foster productive relationships, at all critical levels and key linkages within Visa and partner organizations regarding new product development, industry events and promotions.
· Meet all performance and financial budget requirements, manage contracts and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- MBA preferred
- Solid payments experience with emphasis and focus on card payments.
- Knowledge of Federal Financial Management and Acquisition Regulations
- Relationship with Federal Agencies, and Department of Treasury/Financial Management Services
- Ability to demonstrate Value of Visa by briefing/presenting Visa products and support during agency and industry meetings and conferences
- Minimum of 15 years business experience with related sales and management experience, with proven ability negotiating business agreements and ability to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships.
- Proven commercial card experience - demonstrated ability to develop strategies and execute.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with high level of success/achievement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, proficient with MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Consulting experience a plus.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.