Senior Technical Product Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our Operational functions into a single area focused on providing world-class operational support to our End users. Visa's Engineering, Application & Analytics team is looking for curious, creative, and technology experts to join our growing team. We focus on delivering and supporting integrated platforms that enables Visa's Invoicing and Operation Certificate applications, which are used by Visa business partners to service Visa clients globally. We also develop analytics and reporting by using revenue data.
The successful candidate is expected to develop products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years in product management (Hands-on experience owning a program/product/feature, scoping requirements, preparing detailed BRDs, planning milestones, and working with business and engineering teams)
- Experience in data collection and data analysis
- Experience in customer research based data analysis
- Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and product management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
- Strong product management experience on a large production line
- Strong service and relationship management skills with customer centric mindset
- Proven ability to take initiative, collaborate and build strong, productive relationships
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with clients and partners at all levels
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, including C-level executives, product, and stakeholders
- Solid understanding of business
- Broad knowledge of the state of art industry development status in the related areas
- Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
- String experience in data analytics, web applications
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Information Technology / Maths, or equivalent.
- Perform extensive research of category specific requirements and be the voice of customers/suppliers
- Influences small features and component deliverables/trade-offs. Influences customers, vendors, external partners, and engineering team priorities.
- Strong understanding of complex business problems to ensure projects are leveraging the appropriate technology to enable the delivery of a comprehensive solution
- Owns feature roadmap. Works with customers and engineering to define/clarify product features and roadmap priority.
- Understand technologies within product area and articulate business requirements. Identify risks early on and ask the right functional questions.
- Impact customer experience, feature usability, success metrics (e.g., customer delight, efficiency, sales, ROI), and team-level business goals.
- Drive feature discussions with customers, engineers, and partner teams such as legal and finance. Produce clear, concise documents (e.g., functional specifications, JIRA stories).
- Optimizes roadmap intake (e.g., features, bugs, etc.) Connect engineering teams to end-user/customer experience. Collaborate with partner teams and stakeholders.
- Lead agile end-to-end development process within the construct of DevOps practices and methodology:
- Participate in the sprint planning and help guide team functionally
- Identify and utilize best practices in the industry to maximize efficient and elegant solutions while minimizing cost
- Drive Revenue and Pricing team’s internal and external stakeholders on product strategy and roadmap
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Expected Work Hours
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during US business hours. Candidate need to support AP business hours up to 4 hours per week.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.