Product Analyst, Urban mobility Officer
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
It all starts with a simple question: how can we make very consumers journey faster and easier?
In an era where time is the new currency for consumers - getting around is not just a matter of how, but how quickly and how easily. We see a future in which payment credentials can do more than just pay: it could be a digital key, ticket, fare or boarding pass. We want to work with city planners, regulators, urban mobility operators and solution providers to make this vision a reality.
We have a suite of framework and services including Visa Mass Transit Transaction framework, Visa Ready for Transit, Visa Developer Platform, Visa Offers Program and Visa Token Service to draw from to help companies customize a solution that fits their unique customer offering. For instance, the APIs available through the Visa Developer Platform could be used with a rewards program to provide eligibility access rights to exclusive offers and benefits, or provide predictions for customer wait times at merchant location based on Visa’s transaction intelligence.
To lead the regional Urban Mobility Office within Asia-Pacific region which will be the nerve center of all these activities, Visa is looking for a talented individual with vision, passion and determination. This person will be in charge of the regional Urban Mobility Office and will be working with internal and external stakeholders. From providing program management and high quality implementation support, this person will cover a range of existing and new product functions. The person will also work with the vendor partners to ensure that the overall industry is ready to deliver solutions required by our clients and Urban Mobility Operators.
The ideal candidate will:
• Believe passionately in the transformative power of technology in the world
• Have a proven track record implementing innovative systems
• Able to track/manage concurrent projects to different schedules and timelines
• Be comfortable communicating to large audiences
• Be able to clearly articulate and document requirements to client stakeholders of various levels and abilities, including executives
• Be able to define and implement regional/global processes
• Have an open mind to understand existing, emerging and future technologies for payments, and their use in enhancing consumer payment experiences.
• Manage the Asia Pacific Urban Mobility Office
o Ensure internal stakeholders are ready to support enterprise wide Urban Mobility initiatives, as well as track their progress
o Support the regional and country Urban Mobility teams in developing the team’s performance and growth metrics, identify insights and recommendations and dashboards at regular frequencies
o Monitoring partners’ performances and growth metrics, identifying insights and provide recommendations
o Collaborate and work with Visa global and Asia Pacific stakeholders in meeting the major roadmap milestones and objectives
o Track program level issues; resolve them with internal and external stakeholders
o Provide appropriate program / project management progress reporting
• Urban Mobility Implementation Support
o Support the internal operational support teams in being the escalation point for problem resolution
o Track issues as appropriate and work with local and global SME’s in devising long-term solutions, and provide periodic management reporting
• Market and Partner Analysis and Communication:
o Research industry trends and emerging themes in technology and payments that will shape the future of Urban Mobility and support the development of Visa’s ‘point-of-view’
o Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns and support the creation of fact based insights about potential and existing partners
o Extract actionable business insights from internal and external data sources and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations
• A minimum of 5 years business experience in payments or related industry
• Good understanding of payment networks or payment processing systems
• Be self-motivated, and demonstrate the ability to influence and communicate effectively across functional lines to ensure all participants and stakeholders deliver as planned
• Experience in delivering quality product integrations within scope and on time
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
• Strategic planning experience, including the development and implementation of process improvements within product management or sales is desirable
• Able to travel across the region
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.