Staff Software Engineer - Data Product Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Staff Software Engineer as a full stack Java/J2EE developer for the Business Solution Product Development team. The Business Solutions Product Development team is part of Visa’s Data Products Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ applications and services for Visa’s Business Solutions line of products. Our range of products include data processing, business intelligence, data mining, and B2B payments solutions
Primary responsibilities will include:
- As part of a cross functional scrum team, design, develop & test new applications and maintain existing applications
- Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing Business Solutions applications codebase
- Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality
- Serve as development point of contact for complex technical software development issues, problem analysis and resolution
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices.
- Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
- 8+ years of experience in design and development of large-scale products and services using Java/J2EE technologies
- Proficient in frameworks like Spring, Sprint MVC, JPA, Hibernate
- Experience in SQL and/or PL/SQL is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web Services Development using SOAP or REST, JSON and XML
- Proficiency in GIT/Stash, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience developing as part of Agile/Scrum team
- Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness.
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
- Past experience in the Payment industry and/or Commercial Card products is a plus
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, or related technology/engineering discipline
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.