Business Development Manager – North Africa
- Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for managing a portfolio of small and medium sized Visa clients, and to drive business growth for Visa and its clients. The BDM has to develop and maintain the relationship between Visa and its clients, represent Visa to its clients, and to execute the corporate strategy for the markets. The BDM will identify opportunities for business growth, and work with clients and internal Visa stakeholders to execute on them. The markets to be covered are Egypt, Libya and Sudan, with the BDM required to work closely with Country Managers of these markets, and other team members. The BDM is a part of the Mid-Market Business Development team of Middle-East & North Africa (MENA), and will work closely with other members of this team located across the MENA region.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Work closely with Country Managers to develop and maintain the relationship between Visa and the clients
- Support MENA Head of Mid-Market Clients in building and rolling-out a standardized service model for Mid-Market clients
- Identify and execute on opportunities for revenue growth within the Mid-Market segment
- Develop product roadmap and sales plan to drive growth
- Deliver incremental revenue through sales of Value Added Services such as risk products, data products and consulting solutions that meet needs of the clients
- Upskill clients in a targeted manner through training sessions, webinars and workshops
- Collaborate with all members of the North Africa team and with the MENA Mid-Market team, and support others in balancing workload when required
- Attend to client queries and issues, and provide timely and efficient solutions
- Contribute to development, production and implementation of initiatives as part of the annual planning exercise
- Monitor and analyze competitor activities and contribute to develop/respond effectively
- Support the obtaining of new licenses, opening of new BINs, card design and authorization / decline improvement initiatives
- Manage daily tasks such as maintaining and updating clients contact lists, and upload required documents in CRM software tools.
- Ensure compliance with Visa requirements of service levels, integrity of records and efficient resolution of complaints
- Identify key opportunities within the portfolio, and provide analysis and business case to address them
- Provide periodic client reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly) as agreed with Country Manager and Head of Mid-Market
- Preparation of regular analysis reports for market and for clients, focusing on portfolio performance and market share, comparison with targets by quarters.
- Maintain regular contact with clients via phone calls, emails, sales visits, and client meetings
Reporting, Relationships & Interactions
- Based in Cairo, this role reports to the Head of Business Development for Financial Institutions for Egypt and to the MENA Head of Mid-Market clients
- This position will involve frequent interaction with key Visa stakeholders, including financial institutions, processors, acquirers etc.
- This individual is expected to interact effectively with all levels of Visa management and staff
- Strong collaboration skills and teamwork are a must as the individual has to work closely with colleagues located across the globe in various functions like Marketing, Products, Merchant Solutions, Finance, Consulting, Risk etc., many of whom are based in locations outside of North Africa.
- Possesses knowledge of business development, primarily focused on execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, with at least 8 years professional experience in retail banking / financial services / payments sector
Ability to utilize systems to extract, capture and interpret data
Ability to manage multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a strong bias for action
Independent and entrepreneurial self-driven team player who is willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager/ owner mentality
Understanding of the four party payments ecosystem and respective roles and responsibilities of each participant
Experience in external client facing roles delivering projects or products
Project management skills with the ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
Excellent verbal and written skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex technical and business issues and solutions to a variety of stakeholders
Ability to understand the marketplace dynamics including the regulatory environment, technological and consumer behavioral shifts and tying this back to impact on Visa
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Confidence and ability to influence and negotiate
- Knowledge of core BD skills & competencies via practical experience
- Sales, Negotiation & Influencing skills
- Time management, multitasking skills
- Creation of professional briefs and presentations
Ability to converse in Arabic and French is an advantage.