Sr Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data Product Development division is part of the Visa’s technology organization. The division is responsible for providing value
added product and services to our clients and for internal use. The client access to these services are enabled through a set of Data API,
BI and Analytics products, Custom applications, Data Streaming & Visualization . The data access is enabled via Web, Mobile and Web services.
The BI product group is part of the Data Product Development division that develop and manages various BI and Analytics products and services.
The role is a self-organized Lead SW Engineer with a solid background in implementing substantial applications both Web/Mobile and Web Services
supporting large numbers of users and applications. Architecture, design & development of various BI products and services and the
end to end implementation of these services. The data services developed using Java/J2EE and messaging technologies.
• Design and develop BI Products as web/mobile interfaces
• Design and Develop Web Services as BI and Analytic products
• Data management services
• Geo Spatial Services
• Web Visualization and Real-time Streaming Services
• Develop framework for the roll out of new BI and Analytics products by integrating with various BI and Visualization tools
• Develop Security & integration components for data extraction, & internal /external application integration
BS / MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of Web and Web service development using J2EE
- Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier environment
- Development experience in Cloud/Virtual environments
- Solid working knowledge in Java and related technologies.
- Working experience in micro service framework and implementation.
- Big data Hadoop, No SQL database such as HBASE.
- Building high TPS & resilient API.
- Working knowledge in docker and kubernetes.
- Test Automation integration using Selenium, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Experience in implementing search using Elastic search, Solr is a plus
- Location based services using Google Map, ESRI, Trillium etc. is a plus
- Experience in integrating third party APIs
- Relational database and SQL development experience
- Agile development experience
- Experience using version control (GIT, Stash) and bug tracking (Jira) tools
- Kafka, Spark, Python is a plus
- Self-motivated, fast learner, great verbal and written communication skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.