Senior Software Test Engineer (REF18491T) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Software Test Engineer of the Mobile & Chip Service team reports into Visa’s Digital Developer Platform (DDP) group.
The mission of the Mobile & Chip Service team is to provide high quality services in the domain of technology development and readiness – i.e. to provide technical development, consulting and implementation expertise for Chip, Contactless, Mobile and other emerging technologies.
The objectives of the Mobile & Chip Service team include:
- Developing best practice tools to ease EMV chip migration, Contactless implementation and ensure interoperability
- Providing specialized technical support and training to business partners including Regions, Vendors and Clients in Contactless, Mobile and EMV chip implementations
- Staying abreast of payment technology and undertaking emerging product research, development and evaluation.
The Senior Software Test Engineer will perform a range of manual, automation and quality validation tasks for our Web-based applications. Ideally, you will have strong attention to details and observation skills to catch issues that others may overlook. You will be responsible for the quality assurance of our applications to ensure the delivery of high quality products.
Analyze, design, develop and execute test plans and test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents using industry best practices
Design and develop automated test suites to increase coverage of test automation
Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any application issues
Participate in requirement review sessions with peers and other stakeholders
Ability to analyze business requirements and the fundamentals of the business flows and processes within product or application
Actively seek opportunities to evolve and improve the existing standards and practices to improve efficiency
Identify and troubleshoot system defects in a clear, timely manner
Assume responsibility for following up and ensuring identified defects are resolved and validated
Provide efficient production support to assigned applications.
Collaborate with Global System support team to ensure timely system/application deployment.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with .NET based applications, WCF, Restful API testing
- Good working knowledge of the development and automation practices and standards.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in automation framework and script development. (Selenium/Unit/NUnit/MSTest)
- Strong Technical Proficiency in :
Framework: .NET Framework 4.5+
IDE: Visual Studio 2015+
Source Control: Team Foundation Server 2015+, GIT
Database: SQL Server 2016+
- Must be proactive and have a good verbal and written communication skills to work with global teams
- Must have solid understanding on Agile process
- Must have strong analytic and troubleshooting skills to address inquiries and identify production issues in timely manner
- Should be a self-starter and have ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or in related fields
- Preference will be given to someone with prior Visa working experiences
- Preference will be given to candidates who have working experience and knowledge related to EMVCo, GlobalPlatform and Visa Chip Technology.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.