Staff Software Engineer - Security Engineering
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are looking to hire a seasoned software engineer to be part of the Security Engineering team at Visa where you will be building and engineering security products utilizing some awesome technology like Rust, Go, Functional Programming, and much more! You will be joining a team of experienced security engineers, as well as world class researchers and experts in the areas of software engineering, artificial intelligence, cryptography, and other related fields to build technologies necessary to secure Visa's core infrastructure and assets.
- Build, design, engineer, and develop software and services that deliver security functionality and improve security efficiency and capabilities through automation. The candidate needs to possess software engineering skills that allow them to build new capabilities and solutions vs. simply integrating an existing open source platform or operating a vendor solution.
- Refactor and optimize existing code using more robust type-safe and memory safe languages while incorporating faster data piping and parallel processing frameworks.
- Engineering of products and services while accounting for computability and complexity (e.g. NP-complete problems) and security architecture (e.g. memory, cache, deadlocks, etc.)
- Develop prototypes and algorithms (e.g. searching, sorting, optimization, dynamic programming) while performing data engineering tasks around aggregation and data synthetization from a multitude of structured and unstructured data sources..
- Assist in shaping overall direction, life-cycle management, and leadership for Information Security architecture and technology related to Visa.
- Create requirement and design documents that account for security risks in new or existing systems with architectures to mitigate them within risk appetite.
- Research and develop security assessments of existing solutions as well as defining security architectures for new solutions.
- Present results to a cross section of employees, including senior leaders at Visa. Utilize graduate-level research and analysis skills.
The candidate must possess strong software engineering skills as the key primary with an appreciation for immutability, functional programming, and static typing. Knowledge of security related concepts is a plus but not required. The candidate must also have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant academic or industry experience in software engineering
- Familiarity with common software development tooling
- Knowledge of programming language theory, type system, and abstraction techniques
- Experience with distributed systems and networking preferred
- Data structures and algorithms knowledge
- Independent, self-disciplined, self-motivated, and intellectually curious
- Experience where you created or maintained a project or a major component.
- Experience working with functional programming languages like Haskell, Scala, Scheme, Rust, or Clojure
- Familiarity with build and deployment systems
- Software Development, Programming , and debugging using various programming languages and frameworks using Golang or Python or C++
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra) is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.