Associate Technical (Production Support) Analyst
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What We Do:
- Work in the Visa Command Center monitoring the real time production services.
- Gain a solid understanding of the role a payment solution provider holds in the on-line payment industry and leverage this knowledge to troubleshoot internal and external incidents.
- Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process.
- Provide support for mission critical applications and execute BAU procedures to resolve incidents. Ensure the incident management process is followed and all communication requirements are met.
- Support applications in a Windows and Linux environment and troubleshoot network, database and system issues that are often not well documented. Use basic scripting skills to generate reports based on support requests and incidents.
- Manipulate basic SQL queries and shell scripts to provide impact analysis. Work with the team to improve existing queries and scripts.
- Demonstrate an ability to investigate incidents and provide root because analysis based on application behavior and log data.
- Demonstrate the ability to gauge the scope and critical impacts and take the appropriate actions to handle the situation.
- Interact with second level teams and Customer Support to ensure incidents are closed out and impact is clearly communicated per the process in place.
- Monitor both systems and network performance through various industry standard and custom tools.
- Open and update trouble tickets and answer internal and external phone calls. Interact with 3rd party service providers to resolve incidents and provide root cause analysis.
- Review change activates and upcoming maintenance and coordinate with staff to cover the activities. Identify and raise concerns with upcoming changes to management.
- Identify gaps in existing processes and procedures and work with management and technical teams to propose and implement a solution. Create and update documentation as needed.
- Recycle and validate Windows and Linux services as needed.
Decision Making and Impact:
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Use sound judgment and good time management in prioritizing work to maintain all service level agreements and client perception during a crisis situation.
- Interact with the staff during a crisis to ensure that all objectives are met on time.
- Quickly and accurately assess the impact of a major system or application outage and communicate the impact to management.
- Use verbal and written communication skills to ensure that all activities and bridge calls are well coordinated and incidents are accurately documented.
- Bridge the gap between technical staff and management during an incident.
- Act with a sense of urgency to drive incidents to resolution and provide analysis. Identify follow up items and areas for improvement and propose solutions.
- Own projects within the team and drive them to resolutions
- Work with little supervision and assist junior staff in day to day activities.
- Provide guidance and training to junior staff members.
- Review and identify areas for improvement within documented procedures and work with management to implement changes.
- Use sound judgment in evaluating unusual situations and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- 2 or more years of work experience, or an Associate's Degree in a career field
- Basic PowerShell, SQL, Linux (on-the-job training available)
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position does not require the incumbent to travel for work.
- Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
- Position entails a 12-hour shift on a rotating shift basis (Week 1: two on, two off, three on; Week 2: two off, two on, three off)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.