Portfolio Manager, Visa Consulting
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Business Group Overview
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The Asia Pacific Consulting Practice applies deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as marketing, strategic growth, profitability, digital payments and risk.
The Visa Consulting & Analytics Manager will undertake consulting engagements for Visa clients for CIS&SEE markets, enabling portfolio growth and improved profitability in clients’ credit and debit payment card business.
Potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product and marketing strategies, development of industry landscape evaluations and best practices, and optimizing client customer experience and supporting processes.
Principal Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Prior consultant experience is preferred.
Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering revenue-generating consulting services to key Visa clients.
Partner with the clients to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization.
Capitalize key business opportunities and develop strategic profitability initiatives at a client and market level through information analysis and business intelligence.
Complete consulting engagements with senior level clients, including participating in interviews, summarizing confidential client data, and generating key findings
Manage, facilitate and implement consulting services to solve client's business problems by leveraging clients customer data and Visa Net transaction data. Perform statistical analyses on client portfolio data such as customer demographics, activity, spend levels, risk and payment behavioral information.
Create and propose high-impact strategic and tactical performance improvement recommendations for Visa clients
Communicate insights and findings to the clients, stake holders and non-technical audiences in the clearest and most concise manner
Build and maintain relationships with internal Visa partners, including Visa Product Management, Visa Account Executives
Secure new consulting engagements and re-engagements opportunities. Knowledge transfer in order to optimize business profitability for Client banks.
Be an evangelist of data analytics, provide new data solutions and drive adherence on using data to solve business problems.
Advise and mentor other teams and individuals on how to implement business logic in queries and make quantitative decisions based on deep understanding of the business
Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
Deploy analytical models and techniques within the organization. Continuously develop and present innovative ideas in order to improve current business practices within Visa.
Suggest and deploy advanced statistically methodologies to solve business problems across the customer lifecycle. Problems related to but not limited to: developing models to predict customer churn and collaborating cross functionally to help develop marketing solutions.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience applying statistical solutions to business problems in relevant fields such as analytics, business consulting, or other data-driven functions
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, etc.
- Post graduate degree with strong technical experiences strongly preferred
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical and modeling skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights. Experience in big data analytics, reporting and statistical modeling in SAS.
- Analytics experience in credit risk modelling is preferred but not required
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, SAS, Hadoop and data visualization tools like Tableau
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts both internal to Visa and with the client
- Experienced project management skills, both from an individual perspective but also with respect to managing team and client expectations and deliverables.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- A background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology and its future
- Willingness to travel domestic and international assignments
- Fluency in Ukrainian/Russian & English.
Visa Consulting & Analytics, and the greater Visa organization is a truly global company that consists of employees from a wide variety of cultures, countries, and skill sets. The Visa culture is driven by the Visa Leadership Principles. By being a part of the Visa organization, you will have significant exposure to the diversity of people, cultures, and knowledge which will offer strong personal growth as well as professional growth