Staff Systems Engineer, Engineering, Applications & Analytics
- Bangalore, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Staff Systems Engineer position within the team is an individual contributor role based in our Bangalore office. The successful candidate is expected to be ORMB development expert within the Merchant Billing platform DevOps team. The selected candidate will be fully responsible for both development and support of billing services built on ORMB and Java technologies and various frameworks. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs and Devops model.
- The candidate will work in the Merchant and Billing platform team and architect/build the ORMB solution for One Billing platform for CyberSource.
- Provide technology development leadership with ORMB that support financial operations.
- Work in the Core Rating, Pricing and Billing team and lead the effort to migrate from the legacy systems to ORMB and support the resulting implementation.
- Translate business requirements and conceptual approach into technical design.
- Develop custom algorithms and extensions code in Java for ORMB applications.
- Define and recommend the data conversion strategy and tools to use, for current and subsequent phases.
- Implement ORMB specific configuration and advanced setup especially in the demographic/customer, rates and pricing areas.
- Define data mapping between the legacy system and ORMB, the candidate will work with the legacy system's team and the ORMB architect/configuration specialist.
- To design and develop data conversion scripts/programs and use ORMB conversion toolkit to execute the data migration.
- Support and train junior IT staff as necessary.
- Support testing activities whenever required.
- Work with functional and technical teams to identify data related requirements, then design and develop the solution.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels
- 8 years or more of relevant experience in application development (e.g. software development/engineering delivery, development and implementation, delivery and design) and business systems analysis.
- Prior experience in building and implementing Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) or other Oracle Utilities Application framework based product (e.g. CC&B) is a must.
- Strong understanding of the ORMB/CC&B data model and objects with ability to write and understand complex SQLs and coding extensions using Java, Hibernate and OAUF framework is required.
- Deep understanding of ORMB/CC&B functionalities (Rules Engine, Billing, GL, Receipt Application/Payments, Credit/Collections) is required.
- Configuration experience of ORMB is mandatory.
- Ability to design and build complex algorithms, batch jobs, rate schedules and building custom UI
- Business domain knowledge in the areas of financial management including planning, analysis, billing, and incentives is a plus.
- Strong conceptual and analytic skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a broad group of stakeholders
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a Computer Science and Engineering discipline
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.