Principal Product Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Primary Job Responsibilities: Visa's Global Seller Solutions - New Product Development team is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Principal Product manager. The Principal Product Manager will be responsible for helping define and communicate our global product strategy to enable new solutions for sellers. In addition to planning, the role will define a product roadmap and drive the initial launch of key initiatives that support the strategy. This will be broad-reaching leadership role so organizational savvy, interpersonal and negotiation skills are critical as he/she will interface with all areas of Visa.
The Principal Product Manager’s primary responsibility is to build products and solutions that deliver delightful experiences for the entire ecosystem i.e., sellers, consumers, issuers, acquirers and technology platforms with focus on fit for purpose across developed and emerging markets. In this role, the Principal Product Manager will partner with the Core Platform, Merchant Payments Platform, Strategic Partner Solutions, Regional Commercialization, Global Go To Market teams and senior leadership in order to build, iterate and refine new payment experiences across all channels.
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with client need and company vision.
- Partner with clients throughout the payment ecosystem to develop product strategy and co-create solutions.
Partner with internal stakeholders to review product strategy and ensure alignment
Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with scalability and long-term vision in mind.
Lead technical discussions with a high level of independence including requirements, customer experience and security
Represent the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders; A natural design thinker that can synthesize requirements into a common set of platform and services capabilities, writing very clear, thorough and detailed user stories for complex features and product sets.
Liaise with other business units, BU product managers, engineering and other applicable groups to ensure flawless execution
- Provide status, action plan and recommendations to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
Perform go-to-market activities by closely working with program management, product managers, other product teams, finance, operations, legal, compliance, user experience and external partners to coordinate activities toward delivering results.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong technical skills with a sound understanding of payment and risk management systems.
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence.
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader.
- Aptitude and comfort to collaborate with engineering teams to build robust, reliable and scalable payment solutions
- Highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts.
- Embrace change and ambiguity in an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving.
Knowledge of global markets, competitive landscape and related dynamics Ability to think creatively to solve problems with customer at the center
Organizational and leadership abilities to influence, negotiate and drive results
Strong customer-facing communication skills and technical aptitude.
Takes personal interest in the digital FinTech insurgence
Willingness to travel up to 20%.
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way.
8-10+ years of global experience in the payments industry e.g. Payments processing and innovations in developed and emerging markets
5+ years of experience in technical product management
3+ years of experience with design thinking product development methodology
Must be available to support global time zones
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20% of the time.”
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.