Director, Partnership Strategy & Strategic Initiatives, Global Processing & Partner Solutions
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The position offers flexibility to work in Visa’s offices in San Francisco or Foster City.
Global Processing and Partner Solution (GPPS) group provides core payments processing services/solutions and, partners with issuer processors, fintechs, and merchant acquirers in the ecosystems and drives Visa’s revenue.
A new organization, GPPS Strategy & Analytics, is created to work across all GPPS teams to drive sales & partnership strategy, strategic initiatives, assist with proposals/RFP responses, and help each group better understand their market through analytics. The team is also responsible for developing competitive intelligence, providing thought leadership on emerging trends in payments, and tracking business performance.
The Director will be a key member of GPSS Strategy & Analytics team and will play critical role in driving Visa’s revenue and commercializing Visa products and solutions by closely partnering with the merchant acquirer and/or issuer processor sales teams and various functional teams across Visa. This core responsibility of the role will be to build partnership strategy, structure complex deals, and lead strategic initiatives primarily for Visa North America and occasionally for the global markets. Ability to effectively partner with the sales team and comprehend the needs of strategic clients will be critical success factors for the role. There will be significant opportunities for the director in this role in influencing Visa’s long-term strategy and solving enterprise-level questions and challenges with data and analytics, competitive intelligence and financial modelling, often partnering with executives & leaders across Visa’s organization.
· Lead the brainstorming sessions and develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to drive the partnership strategy
· Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues. Build out unique, creative and impactful solutions by integrating insights across Visa's many expert functional resources and supporting collaborative solution development
· Work closely with cross-functional and regional management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight and analytical support
· Create presentations for internal approvals and external client facing partnership specific discussions. Communicate recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional staff and management in a clear, concise and impactful way
· Help manage business unit scorecard and provide regular business intelligence/reports for performance management.
- Bachelors degree with at least 10 years of work experience or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) with at least 8 years of work experience or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- · Typically requires more than 8 years of total work experience with 2-4+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking or corporate strategy preferred. Specific domain knowledge in merchant acquirer and/or Issuer processing a plus
- · Commercial acumen to build deal strategy for clients of disparate sizes. Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated financial modeling
- · Experience working with strategic and prioritization frameworks, scenarios analysis, and competitive assessments. Knowledge of payment industry revenue drivers a plus
- · Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with functional and regional leaders within Visa
- · Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- · Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- · Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners
- · Commitment to continuous training and improvement of employees throughout the corporate strategy function
- · Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.